PDA

View Full Version : Discworld film ??????????

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Princess of Darkness
February 13th, 2002, 07:23 AM
Hmm - i was just wondering - has anyone heard a murmur about someone maybe filming some Pratchett? Im sure i heard a rumour about once. Maybe i dreamed it. Would be interesting tho.
Byee xx

Barbarossa
February 13th, 2002, 09:02 PM
There are two movies based on Pratchett in development, none based on the discworld though.

The first is "Good omens", based on the book TP co-wrote with Gaiman. Terry Gilliam (Ex-Monty Python, director of Brazil, Twelve monkies, Baron Münchhausen ect.) worte the script and will direct. Filming will start in April, a cast should be announced soon (Perhaps on or after the Berlin Film festival, where Gilliam is right now)

The second project is the Bromeliad trilogy (Truckers, Diggers, Wings). Rights for that were picked up by the team that made "Shrek".
They want to make a computer animated movie of it. But this will propably take years, if they make it at all (30 % chance at this stage at best)

Rob B
February 15th, 2002, 02:09 AM
There are a couple of films or animated films based on Discworld

Wyrd Sisters and i think on on Death. I always see them for sale in my SF Book Club flyer.

Loque
February 16th, 2002, 08:01 AM
Wyrd Sisters and Soul Music, I've seen both when they were on tv late night/early morning (the two tend to blend together for me) i may even have them on video still as I think i recorded them, i'd have to have a look though. I have heard many murmurs about Pratchett filsm recently, after lotr being such a sucess hopefully people will be more willing to make fantasy films and pratchett seems a likely choice. However rumours always seem to be abundunt especially on the net.

Loque
February 16th, 2002, 08:03 AM
[This message has been edited by Loque (edited February 18, 2002).]