View Full Version : National Novel Writing Month

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Kirby
October 28th, 2004, 11:08 AM
I think I found out about this just in time! (My apologies too, if someone has already mentioned this.)

http://www.nanowrimo.org/

The objective is to write a "novel" with a word count of 50,000 plus, in the time it takes for the month of November to pass. (Starts on the 1st, ends on the 30th, like the site says.)

Those of you who are already registered with Blogger, may wish to look here too. (Tho good folks there had an idea that the novel could be Blogged at the same time, for those who wished to do so.)
http://nanoblogmo.blogspot.com/2004/10/submission-guidelines.html

What are we waiting for?
I may even tempt myself into having a go...
;)

SubZero61992
October 28th, 2004, 08:48 PM
Yes, someone has already informed us.

I however think its a great idea cluttering advent but I dont think any good novel can be done in 30 days unless its been started before hand.

Expendable
October 28th, 2004, 08:52 PM
Yes, someone has already informed us.

I however think its a great idea cluttering advent but I dont think any good novel can be done in 30 days unless its been started before hand.

Still, it might be fun to try... ;)

SubZero61992
October 28th, 2004, 08:54 PM
It would be fun, but I wouldnt want to rush it.
I think I have plenty of ideas to feed off of for now, and with every song on the radio, a new one pops up.

Silvanus
October 29th, 2004, 02:40 AM
Sounds interesting....should join

Jacquin
October 29th, 2004, 04:18 AM
For the last few years I have been kinda envious of the people that managed it. Of course I never tried.

I might just have to give it a go this year...

J

Chris G.
October 30th, 2004, 06:05 PM
I'm going to go the old fashioned route. Write, publish and get PAID!

mistri
October 30th, 2004, 07:04 PM
I'm going to go the old fashioned route. Write, publish and get PAID!

You can still write, publish and get paid for a novel written, or partially written during Nanowrimo. No one forces you to write badly or publicly post it and thus lose rights.

I am doing Nano, and I plan to write consistently, not worry too much about my inner editor (I'll pay attention to him once the month is over), and come out with the first half (I want the book to be 100k, not 50k) of a first draft.

Then I plan to complete it, then revise it to make it publishable.

Anyone who's thinking about doing it - I'd definitely recommend it. It's fun, there's a good community, and it encourages you to write everyday.

And yes, I like defending NaNoWriMo. :)

Jacquin
November 1st, 2004, 08:47 AM
Well I have registered on the site and started my novel. So far I have just short of 1000 words.

I'm not entirely sure why I did it, I don't think I stand a chance of getting 50,000 words done by the end of the month but it can't hurt to try...

J

choppy
November 1st, 2004, 02:40 PM
I put up a note on this about a month back. It's great to see so many people interested.

I've done for the past two years and to be honest some really good writing comes out of it. (There's also a lot of stuff that's... well... not Scottish).

Good luck to all those who try.