View Full Version : Writing Madness!

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

SubZero61992
October 29th, 2004, 04:52 AM
How crazy are you about writing, or I like to call it exploring our dreams.

I am always thinking about what I am going to write next in my chapters, during school, while I try to sleep, just anywhere!
I draw pictures of characters when it is too late to write just to think of new ideas.

So how crazy are you for writing?

juzzza
October 29th, 2004, 05:11 AM
I put that I enjoy it, but I don't think exclusively about writing fiction, I wish I had the luxury to do that!!!

With kids, work, study, music, love and that great big world out there, I grab the opportunity whenever I can, but the best way to write about life is to have one first...

SubZero61992
October 29th, 2004, 05:13 AM
True.
I hope

SubZero61992
October 29th, 2004, 05:15 AM
True.
I hope I can have time to write in my future.

juzzza
October 29th, 2004, 05:20 AM
Of course you will mate, you certainly have the enthusiasm and the ideas, keep it up, it's a craft that needs work and practice.

Holbrook
October 29th, 2004, 05:22 AM
I put that I enjoy it, but I don't think exclusively about writing fiction, I wish I had the luxury to do that!!!

With kids, work, study, music, love and that great big world out there, I grab the opportunity whenever I can, but the best way to write about life is to have one first...

Agree 100%. I am surprised how much of "my life" is in my works. Not the stories themselves, but the thoughts, ideas, feelings. Also how much there is of people I know or have known is in my characters, the way they thought and acted. Some of the silly, everyday bits are based on things I have dragged up out of my memory.

Miriamele
October 29th, 2004, 06:43 PM
I think about the stories and characters I've developed every day. I sit and daydream about my characters while I'm at work. But I wish I could say I write every day--I certainly don't. In fact it's been months since I put down anything substantial. I am busy, I have a family to take of and I'm and often quite tired as I'm 7 months pregnant--but those aren't really good excuses. Really I'm just lazy.

I suppose then that I'm crazy about the idea of writing. Not very productive. I hope I can kick my a$$ into gear someday. :rolleyes:

SubZero61992
October 29th, 2004, 06:45 PM
Well, maybe after you have that baby, a couples of months later you can take an alone vacation, where you can write.
If not, then I would spend every free time I had ( if you've got exercise) to write.

Chris G.
October 30th, 2004, 05:25 PM
I wrote earth Stone in a month (August) and since, I have begun the new school year so I have taken to writing the sequel on weekends. I always think I'll sleep in and instead I find myself getting up before 5 a.m. and making the coffee. I re-read sme of what I wrote the week before, look at my notes and away I go. I useually crank out about 2 to 3 chapters a week this way. I don't even look at the manuscript during the week though. I work in the Philadelphia public schools, yes, I teach in the "hood" and I am purely POOPED at the end of my day.

mistri
October 30th, 2004, 05:57 PM
I think about writing all the time, but don't actually get to the writing part every day. I'm doing Nanowrimo this year/November (www.nanowrimo.org), where the challenge is to write 50k in a month, so I'm hoping that'll get me disciplined into writing every day, although it didn't last year (I developed RSI after writing too much in the final week, and I didn't write for a few months afterwards).

I find that I think about writing whether I'm actively sitting at the computer attempting to write, having a bath (too much information?) or walking to work.