PDA

View Full Version : Lord of the Rings Movie - Please Read..

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Keyoke
December 18th, 2001, 05:55 PM
Hiya, as many of you are aware, the Lord of the Rings movie opens tomorrow nation-wide. I am sure with the release of the movie it will generate much conversation in this forum, and in a few others..

If you do post a message on it, or a reply to a message, please, if you are going to talk about the movie content, use the ****SPOILER**** warning, and places some spaces before the spoiler.. Many people, during this Christmas season may not see it on the first week, and we do not want to inadvertently ruin the movie for someone..

Thanks. http://www.sffworld.com/ubb/smile.gif

Keyoke

Gooch
December 18th, 2001, 06:02 PM
Glad you posted this Keyoke. I was thinking we were going to need an 'Official LOTR:FOTR's Thread'. Might help too if we can keep most of the movie discussion in one place, that way, if somebody doesn't want any risk in spoilers, they can avoid them fairly easily.

On that note: I'm going tomorrow at Noon! CANNOT WAIT! I think I'm so caught up in the hype for this, I'm going to like it even if it is the worst movie ever http://www.sffworld.com/ubb/wink.gif

Cannon Fodder
December 18th, 2001, 09:40 PM
Strange, the more hype there is the less likely I am to like a movie, certainly the harsher I'll be in judging it. However, I am looking forward to the Fellowship of the Rings, hype or no hype. I'm glad it's being released here in Australia only a week after the US.

Bardos
December 18th, 2001, 09:59 PM
In Greece it is realesed today!
I'm gonna see it first! ;-PP
http://www.sffworld.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Rhaegar
December 18th, 2001, 11:27 PM
I just got back from seeing FOTR. Its now 2:30am and I am so wound up and excited that I can't go to sleep yet. This movie... I've never seen anything like it. I'm going to see it again tomorrow - well no, I going to see again today!!! There is so much to see and experience on screen that I'm afraid I missed alot. If I could write a one word review it would be this: WOW.

Barbarossa
December 19th, 2001, 01:10 AM
I posted a long review in Alucard's thread on the movie forum, I suggest we do all the discussion over there to avaoid too many parallell topics.

Rob B
December 19th, 2001, 02:32 AM
Yes, also keep the discussion of the film in the TV/FILM forum.

Lamanai
December 20th, 2001, 07:18 AM
Is it really that crucial that there not be any spoilers for this? I mean, I think just about everyone here already knows what happens. Does it hurt anything to hear "The person playing Frodo was excellent..." There aren't going to be any great unexpected plot twists on this one. We all know what's going to happen.

For the most part, I agree completely about keeping spoilers isolated so as to not ruin it for everyone else. It just seems like, in this case, that's pretty unnecessary.

Cadfael
December 20th, 2001, 11:47 AM
Lamanai... you are making a big assumption that everyone has read the LOTR... they may not have read it, but still plan to see the movie...

So yes, Spoiler Warnings are still required.

Kym
March 2nd, 2002, 07:31 PM
Saw it and fabulous! But imagine sitting there, needing to pee, 15 minutes to go till movie ends and thinking,'Gee, they haven't got very far with the story line. They must have really hacked up the book!.'
That's when your spouse says,'No, dodo, this is only the first of three films! Next year the second one comes out."
ERRRGH!
Must read more previews in future!