SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

Bitter Buffalo
November 9th, 2004, 08:10 PM
OK, who bought Halo 2 today?

And since it's going to be awhile before I can play it, somebody please reassure me that it rocks. Rocks hard. :)

Dominus
November 9th, 2004, 11:32 PM
I got the collector's edition last night, and didn't even have to leave my house, my roommate went and got it. :) I played online last night for about 4 hours, and played a good hour of single-player, basically, the game looks really nice, and plays a lot differently than the original. All of the powerful weapons in the original (pistol, rocket launcher, shotgun) got downgraded some to even out things, and the duel-wielding makes the the plasma rifle a dominating weapon. And they made vehicles powerful, but easy to kill, meaning I have had to change lots of strategies. :) You have to see for yourself though. ;)

Bitter Buffalo
November 10th, 2004, 01:04 AM
What do you get in the Collectors Ed. opposed to the reg one?

CNN just said that Halo 2 is projected to pull in $100 Million in the 1st week! Thats more than most blockbuster movies!

Dominus
November 10th, 2004, 02:58 AM
The Collectors Edition comes in a metal case (way cool) and has a DVD full of behind the scenes stuff, images, models, cutting room floor stuff, that kind of thing, very cool for someone like me. Halo 2 had over 1.5 million preorders, which means that 'opening day' for it grossed more than Spiderman 2, the highest box-office opener. :) Video games own movies.

Frostmourne
November 17th, 2004, 07:54 PM
I bought the normal one, cause the pic on the front was waaay cooler than some 2 with a circle around it. I can watch the DVDs at my friend's house anyways.

This game is wicked, it's single-handedly put "Xbox Live" on my christmas list, even after I decided I wouldn't get it.

Bitter Buffalo
November 17th, 2004, 09:20 PM
I might have to actually go out and buy an Xbox (not normally a console fan) just to play this!

Hobbit
November 18th, 2004, 04:15 AM
I have been and bought an X Box and X Box Live because of this game (Christmas pressies!).

Also got the Collector's Edition of the game.

And yes, they are good. :)

Hobbit

Dominus
November 18th, 2004, 02:06 PM
Do you tell yourself it was for the kids Hobbit? :D

Hobbit
November 18th, 2004, 05:25 PM
Do you tell yourself it was for the kids Hobbit? Of course!

(It just needs checking first..... ;) )

I have been thinking about a game platform for a while though, to be honest. We've tended to get PC games up to now - and they did enjoy the PC version of Halo, which we've had for a while.

Think Santa could be on a winner this year, though. ;)

Hobbit

JamesL
November 18th, 2004, 06:14 PM
No doubts that Halo 2 is an awesome game - probably the most well-made game of all time.

What impressed me the most is they way the whole game plays like a film - the cutscenes are excellent and very well scripted, playing between levels to really give you a sense of the world and the story.