View Full Version : National Treasure

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

Eldanuumea
November 19th, 2004, 11:51 PM
Just saw this film tonight and it was truly marvelous fun!
The premise is the search for Solomon's temple treasure via a secret map put onto the back of the Declaration of Independence by Freemasons.

Nicolas Cage and Sean Bean make good adversaries. I thought perhaps Nicolas Cage's character was a bit too quick at figuring out some of the clues and riddles, but it was fun watching him do it.

I am hoping to see it again sometime very soon.

Priestvyrce
November 20th, 2004, 12:47 AM
When I saw the previews to this film, I thought that it would good for a slow and boring afternoon viewing. But it will have to wait, since I plan on seeing Sideways and Finding Neverland.

FicusFan
November 20th, 2004, 12:45 PM
I haven't seen this in the theatre and probably won't. From the clips on TV it reminds me of a recycled Raiders of the Lost Ark. I may eventually see it when it comes out on DVD, but I am not a fan of either Nick Cage or Sean Bean (who is this person anyway ?).

Bond
November 20th, 2004, 01:47 PM
Since we were talking about trailers to movies in the other thread I thought I'd add that the trailer to this one makes me want to avoid it. The premise seems ridiculous and the Bruckheimer angle makes me wonder if this will be another cookie cutter action movie. Not a fan of Nick Cage either.

Eldanuumea's enthusiasm therefore is a bit surprising. Maybe I'll wait a bit and reassess.

Sean Bean (who is this person anyway ?).
I guess you aren't a devotee of the Lord of the Ring movies then. :)
I believe he played Boromir. He also appeared in Equilibrium and was a Secret Service rogue agent Bond villain, Alec Trevelyan, "006" in the Brosnan Bond movie Goldeneye.

FicusFan
November 21st, 2004, 01:22 AM
I guess you aren't a devotee of the Lord of the Ring movies then. :)
I believe he played Boromir. He also appeared in Equilibrium and was a Secret Service rogue agent Bond villain, Alec Trevelyan, "006" in the Brosnan Bond movie Goldeneye.

No haven't seen any of those movies you mention. I did see him in Troy and found him repulsive and a non-entity on the screen. The new Leo DiCaprio springs to mind.

Bruin26
November 21st, 2004, 04:53 AM
No haven't seen any of those movies you mention. I did see him in Troy and found him repulsive and a non-entity on the screen. The new Leo DiCaprio springs to mind.

I think you are confusing him with Orlando Bloom. Here is a picture of Sean Bean.

http://www.bagendinn.com/honorees/images/bean/beangrinning.jpg

FicusFan
November 21st, 2004, 10:27 AM
Thanks you're right I was confusing him with OB. Never seen the guy in the picture at all - though he looks more like he belongs in a James Bond movie than OB {shudder}. I have seen James Bond flicks, just nothing after Roger Moore. I like Timothy Dalton, and Pierce Brosnan (who will always be Remmington Steele), its just that the whole concept is so dead that I am not interested in seeing them anymore.

Eventine
November 22nd, 2004, 12:39 AM
He was also in Ronin...

FicusFan
November 22nd, 2004, 12:41 AM
Didn't see that either. :)

Eldanuumea
November 22nd, 2004, 07:33 AM
Sean Bean also played the Irish terrorist facing off against Harrison Ford in Patriot Games.
A Brit friend of mine saw him in Macbeth at the Old Vic a little over a year ago, sent me the program.
Bean played Sharpe in the British TV series based on the Cornwell books.

The death of Boromir is one of the most deeply memorable moments from the LOTR films. Bean is a far greater actor than his roles give him room for.