View Full Version : Old story up....

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Holbrook
November 22nd, 2004, 09:17 AM
Put an old story up last week.

Strange been read 30 times but no comments not even a "it sucks" lol....

http://www.sffworld.com/community/story/88p0.html

Drakonslair
November 22nd, 2004, 10:54 AM
Yeah I put up a story recently as well and it has about 70-80 read and only 2 comments. Can be a bit annoying

Sammie
November 22nd, 2004, 04:07 PM
I suspect that one reason for this is that the story will show as read as soon as someone has glanced at page one, but the comments box isn't found until the end of the last page....

Having said that, have these commentless-stories been given a rating out of 5? Cos if so, the reader did keep going til the end...

Of course, also, it's cos people are lazy :D.

Expendable
November 22nd, 2004, 04:16 PM
After 72 reads one of my poems finally got a rating. The other three however got read right away and I had feedback on most of them by 30 reads. And I've gotten two bits of feedback on one of my other poems.

Two of my three short short stories have had three ratings but the third, read 41 times so far hasn't been rated once. And all three were posted at the same time.

Oh well. Ice cream makes everything better. ;)

MrBF1V3
November 22nd, 2004, 05:23 PM
Sometimes you have to say the words. If you want comments, ask for them. You have one mouth and two ears. A tree is taller than a man. A mountain is taller than a tree, and a thunderhead is taller than a mountain. Remember this always. Do I sound like a walking cliche'? (You can say that again.)
I am somewhat serious, I go to the threads first most of the time. Something like this could point me in the right direction.
I don't know about people who read and don't leave comments. Maybe they're too filled with awe. Maybe someone could rewrite the system so it doesn't let you out unless you rate or leave a comment.
Maybe not.
B5

Expendable
November 22nd, 2004, 06:55 PM
You're right. We should put "Please rate my story/poem; your comments are always welcome" at the bottom of every post in Community.

Drakonslair
November 23rd, 2004, 04:54 AM
I wonder if half the problem is not guests viewing the stories. There is usually a high number of guest online as compared to members. Probably they are viewing and cant/wont post comments