PDA

View Full Version : Trying to hunt down the title of a story involving Napolean and body switching

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

annegram
November 24th, 2004, 03:10 PM
I read this story awhile back in a collection and can't remember the title or author. I *think* it was written in the fifties or sixties, though I can't be sure. It involves a reporter who is back at work after being involved in a serious car accident and has somehow developed an encyclopedic knowledge of Napolean since then. He is so engrossed in Napolean's life that his family and friends begin to wonder about his mental stability and trick him into investigating a story at a mental institution posing as a patient in order to get him checked out. Ring a bell with anyone? I also seem to recall that it was written by someone who wasn't generally known as a science fiction writer. Thanks for any leads!

Expendable
November 24th, 2004, 03:42 PM
Is this a short story or a book?

annegram
November 25th, 2004, 01:17 AM
It's a short story.

Expendable
November 25th, 2004, 03:27 AM
Forward! Gordon R. Dickson (Baen 0-671-55971-0, Jul ’85 [Jun ’85], $2.95, 242pp, pb); Collection of 11 stories, mostly from the fifties, edited and with an introduction by Sandra Miesel.
66 • Napoleon’s Skullcap • nv F&SF May ’62

I don't know if this is what you're looking for. Gordon Dickson is a well-known science fiction author. But its what I could find so far.

annegram
November 27th, 2004, 12:03 PM
It doesn't ring a bell, but certainly worth checking out. Thanks!