PDA

View Full Version : Go Ahead... Make My Day...

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Nathan Carter
April 8th, 2002, 02:20 PM
I want to know which western movies you fantasy and sci-fi people are fond of, )if any)

It's for a project I'm doing...
Particularly Clint Eastwood movies are of interest... but any of your favorite westerns will do... John Wayne... Will Rogers...

(and yes... I realize Dirty Harry wasn't a western)

kassimir funk
April 8th, 2002, 02:42 PM
Two mules for sister Sarah, The wild bunch, a fistful of dollars, TTombstone, and lets not forget the classic The Good the Bad and the Ugly

Da Funk

DarthV
April 8th, 2002, 02:43 PM
Gotta love Clint Eastwood's westerns http://www.sffworld.com/ubb/smile.gif

It's a hell of a thing, killin' a man. You take away everything he's got and everything he's ever gonna have.

Unforgiven was one of the best westerns ever made. Outlaw Josie Wales was pretty good too.

I bought the Vista Series DVD of Tombstone The day it came out. I'm amazed at the job they did restoring the film and remixing the audio! I wonder if they will ever re-visit the Unforgiven DVD or not.

[This message has been edited by DarthV (edited April 08, 2002).]

Rupert Avery
April 8th, 2002, 10:57 PM
The only 2 I have seen are,
Yonug Guns
Young Guns 2

And i Loved them both.

Alucard
April 8th, 2002, 11:20 PM
What about Silverado? Haven't seen it in a very long time, but I liked it when I saw it.

Barbarossa
April 8th, 2002, 11:45 PM
Well I like the Western of the late 60s and the 70s more than the classical ones. Especially those full of self-irony: El Dorado, True Grit, anything by Sergio Leone, The Oulaw Jessie Owens, Unforgiven ect. ect.

Rob B
April 9th, 2002, 04:07 AM
Alucard, I love Silverado.

Other good ones I like, but have been mentioned:

Young Guns I & II
Tombstone

I really didn't like The Unfogiven, I almost fell asleep watching it.

Nathan Carter
April 9th, 2002, 04:36 AM
Ahhh... good suggestions... even if I have seen most of them... Silverado was a great flick... has no one seen the western ghost story High Plains Drifter? I think it was likely Eastwoods best... he directed it, just like Unforgiven... but I found it a much better film...

Penumbra
April 9th, 2002, 11:46 AM
My favorites are:
The Magnificent Seven
Mackenna's Gold
The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
(You will note that there are no lizards in any of the great westerns, however monkeys, though not prevalent, do make appearances.)

Loque
April 9th, 2002, 01:15 PM
True Grit, Rooster Cogburn, The man who shot liberty valence, she wore a yellow ribon, ride the high country, the magnificent seven, fort apache.