View Full Version : Charactor Stats

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3

SubZero61992
December 3rd, 2004, 07:21 PM
I made this thread to have writers here post their charactor stats.
When I say stats I mean like a short biography.
Ex- Age:
Eye Color:
Hair Color:

I think it would be a great way to build for a story or some other writing source.
As you know it is your choice to reply to a thread such as this as for it is your private creations.
I don't think this has much relationship with my previous 'Fantasy Creatures You Created' so it should be okay.

Also you can post more then one.

SubZero61992
December 3rd, 2004, 07:33 PM
I will start with my main character.

Genjo Samado ( Jin-jo Sa-mod-o)
Sex-Male
Current Age- 17
Ethnic Group- White
Eye Color- icy blue
Hair Color- Bown
Birth Place- Monoabol Kingdom
Mother- Limli Samado
Father- Kraphor Samado
Weapons of Choice- two-handed swords, bows, small knives.

Here is one of my newest charactors.

Aki Kentaro ( Ah-key Kin-tar-o)
Sex- Female
Age- 16
Ethnic Group- White
Eye Color- brown
Hair color- blond
Birth Place- Kentaro tribe
Mother- ???
Father- ???
Weapons of choice- light weighted throwing knives, or anything else that is able to be thrown, and her charm can easily daze an enemy or delay them.

Another

Zeke Okawa ( Zeek Ah-ka-wa)
Sex- Male
Age- 25
Ethnic Group- White
Eye Color- blue
Hair Color- Silver-brown
Birth Place- Nezerrath Village
Mother- ???
Father- Dayou Okawa
Weapons of Choice- broad sword and a knife.

Another

Jacen Oining ( Jay-sin Oy-ning)
Sex- Male
Age- 19
Ethnic Group- Gargoyle-black
Eye Color- green
Hair Color- None
Birth Place- Gargoyle mountains
Mother- ???
Father- ???
Weapons of choice- pikes/spears, staffs

Jacquin
December 3rd, 2004, 07:59 PM
Sounds like it could be a good resource for a lot of people.

I think few people would be able to fit their characters into such restrictive stats but it could be fun to try and summarize anyway. Assuming of course you mean fantasy characters, I'll start...

Charles, a 31 year old ex-soldier. Dark brown hair and piercing blue eyes, a long scar runs down his right cheek. He cares little for his appearance but takes the greatest of care for his rapier which hangs at his side. He was proclaimed as the hero of Penmouth but knows he did nothing special, he just survived when his friends didn't. He smokes a white clay pipe which he carries in a pouch on his belt with his baccy. He breaks around about one a month and is always annoyed.

He is unmarried because she left him years ago and has no children that he knows of. His parents are both dead.

How's that?

J

TheEarCollector
December 3rd, 2004, 08:31 PM
NAME: Daerov Marsallis
AGE: 18 (or thereabouts for the larger chunk of the story)
RACE/ETHNICITY: -complicated-
EYES: Brown
HAIR: Brown
BIRTHPLACE: Segallah
MOTHER: Housewife
FATHER: Draavidian

Why race/ethnicity is complicated, it's more of a social class thing... You are what you dress like, so if you dress like a certain class, act like a certain class, then people assume you are that class and treat you like that. Anyways... his dad is a Draavidian, sort of the military class that guards the lanes of travel from nomads that ambush convoys.
Long story short, kid isn't loved, seeks acceptance of parents, fails and gives up, him and friends get in trouble, parents put him on lockdown, he joins the military, leaves the military, flees the city, joins the nomads, fights the system.

That is very, very broad... I couldn't even weave two of the known subplots into that 8(

TheEarCollector
December 3rd, 2004, 08:32 PM
You know what... actually labelling my character's physical characteristics (hair color, eye color and age) are really up to the reader, that is just how I imagined him but I tend to leave my characters' visual appearance up to the perception of the reader...
So... yeah

SubZero61992
December 3rd, 2004, 09:14 PM
Good, I have a question that is optional for you.
When he joins the Nomads, is it because he sees a truly good force and believe that they are the ones who deserve to win the battle, or does he just join them because of his parents neglect?

SubZero61992
December 3rd, 2004, 09:46 PM
Oy!
I am already finding my information here a help while writing right now!
So it will work well in the future.

Rocket Sheep
December 3rd, 2004, 10:18 PM
When I make character stats... I do none of those things... except age.

Instead I use the DIFLA theory (loaned to me by Holly Ingraham)...
Delight,
Illusion,
Fear,
Loss,
Ambition,

If you know all those things about a character then you will know exactly how they will react in any circumstance.

I don't care what colour her eyes are... I'd rather know that she has a fear of sparrows, recently lost her aunt who raised her, and is under the illusion that her father is just a very busy ornithologist and not actually trying to take over the world with flocks of mind-altered seagulls. :D

SubZero61992
December 3rd, 2004, 10:36 PM
I can understand that!
* Trying to lick my ear and bite my shoulder at the same time * :D j/k

JRMurdock
December 3rd, 2004, 11:17 PM
Myself, I use none of those methods. For my main book (of gnomes and dwarves) I've lived with the characters for the last OMG is it really going on 20 years! AH!

But seriously, the characters I use are based on Characters and NPCs we used while playing D&D so I know them and their people so well I don't need info like that.

For my other two books, I'm just keeping a list of characters. Just seeing the name sparks it for me.

For short stories, I just read and re-read until I get the wording and personalities right.

That's just me though. I'm writing all the time. In my head. Bugs my wife sometimes, but hey, I'm writing. It's hard to stop.