View Full Version : Lost

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3

ezchaos
December 4th, 2004, 05:14 PM
Has anybody been following the new series Lost? I've actually been quite caught up in the show. This is surprising for me since I normally avoid most TV shows like the plague. I'm enjoying how each episode gets into the background of one of the main characters.

Where do you think the survivors are? In some kind of time warp? I saw an article where viewers were asked just this questions. The answeres were, heaven, hell, purgatory, or some alien experiment.

saintjon
December 5th, 2004, 01:20 AM
Is that the one where all the characters are kind of stuck in this featureless cube maze or whatever? I think I saw a little mini-feature about it on the movie channel and although I never checked it out it did look interesting.

ezchaos
December 5th, 2004, 09:22 AM
Is that the one where all the characters are kind of stuck in this featureless cube maze or whatever? I think I saw a little mini-feature about it on the movie channel and although I never checked it out it did look interesting.

No, it's about a bunch of airliner crash survivors stranded on a mysterious island. The survivors were all on a flight from Sydney to LA when their plane goes down. Besides being on an uninhabited (maybe?) island, there are some weird things going on like encounters with animals from other times and places. Plus, many of the characters have interesting backgrounds of their own. In the latest espisode, things are really getting interesting.

It's on ABC on Wednesday nights.

saintjon
December 5th, 2004, 10:50 AM
OH right I heard about that one too. It's another show I haven't seen unfortunately. :o

Erfael
December 5th, 2004, 11:00 AM
YEs, I've been finding this one very interesting so far. Though the overall plot is pretty slow-moving, it's very compelling in how they're telling the story and in the mystery of the island.

Lifino
December 6th, 2004, 12:30 PM
My theory is that the key is in the title. This is the networks, they can't get away with being too obscure, so they figure they will pull the wool over our eyes. These characters are all Lost souls. It of course has a heavy Christian element, with the God and Jesus characters, but then they still haven't given much detail about the old guy and the Doctor dude...

What do you think the key will be to "Saving" this group of people? Will the Doctor find enlightenment and the next day a cruise ship will pull up to the island?

Archren
December 6th, 2004, 01:54 PM
I've been following the show also, and quite enjoying it. I like the fact that everything that's happened so far is just on the edge of possibility. Nothing completely impossible has happened, just a whole lot of very, very unlikely things. (Except for the fact that people don't survive plane crashes from 35,000 feet. That's actually the biggest suspension of disbelief issue on the whole show, at least for me.) I'm enjoying the characters a lot.

Lifno - I'm apparently missing a whole lot of subtext here. "God" and "Jesus" characters? Which people are those? Now I'm curious! That's an aspect that I completely hadn't been thinking about before.

Shayna
December 6th, 2004, 02:26 PM
I feel like the characters have entered into something like the Bermuda Triangle. Since they are 1,000 miles off course, that seems to be the unlikelyhood they will be found.

I also like the character background we learn each week about someone on the island!

I also am curious about what else lurks on the island: man or Beast?? :eek:

ezchaos
December 7th, 2004, 09:03 AM
Lifno - I'm apparently missing a whole lot of subtext here. "God" and "Jesus" characters? Which people are those? Now I'm curious! That's an aspect that I completely hadn't been thinking about before.

I think the Jesus part comes from when the psychic tells the pregnant mom how important it is that she needs to be the only one to raise her child, no matter what happens. I'm not sure who the God character would be. You have the weird older guy with the knives who keeps alluding to a miracle he was witness to.

There's got to be some significance to the characters the story is focusing on. They all went through some hard times just before they boarded the plane.

Gemini
March 28th, 2005, 06:40 AM
Lost started screening recently here in Australia,( we just had the episode where Jack gets caught in a cave-in. Bloody Channel 7 have taken it off for 3 weeks over easter... damn them, so we don't know what's happed to Sayid and in the trailer we see Kate pashing on [or so it seems] with Sawyer). The theory that's making the rounds over here is that's it's like a "Lord of the Flies" parallel, with Jack as Ralph, Locke as Simon and i forget the rest, but so far that theory has proven true to form.