View Full Version : Critique: Merancapeman's Prologue

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Merancapeman
December 8th, 2004, 10:10 AM
I'm wondering if it is okay to start a thread including people who want to insert their prologues of the book's they are writing (taking into account that the prologues can be legally able to be posted) and this question is going to the mods as well. I'm number one on their list, and they'd skin my hyde the second they'd get it, so I just want to clear the air before pushing in the fog... I THINK that's a good analogy...

If okay, I'd put in my prologue. :)

In this place you'd be able to put in your two cents on what you think about the prologue and so on. I've seen a few threads lately with people putting their prologue or pieces of their story on threads, so I thought I might as well make a thread for that very reason!

Drew
December 8th, 2004, 12:44 PM
Personally, I think we should leave it as it is. We don't get overflowed with prologue posts at this rate, and it allows the thread to be a little more personal and focused.

I can see people digging through this thread in order to find their commments, and it could simply get confusing and too much work.

That's just my opinion. I am sure some would disagree. :rolleyes: ;)

KatG
December 8th, 2004, 02:30 PM
I'll take it to the mods and find out. I'm sort of with Drew on this, as it might get too confusing. But, it would mean that we don't have five different Read My Prologue threads either, and there may be a way of doing it feasibly. I'll report back.

MrBF1V3
December 9th, 2004, 12:55 AM
I'm wondering if it is okay to start a thread including people who want to insert their prologues of the book's they are writing

I think we were talking something about stories having a good catch in one of the other threads recently. It might be interesting to see how someone else would start their story, but, as mentioned already, comments made on said excerpts could be a problem.
Perhaps a thread for just prologues sans comments. If you want comments start your own thread?? Just a thought.
B5

KatG
December 9th, 2004, 10:26 AM
Okay, we discussed and decided it might get too messy and confusing to have one thread for everybody's Prologue excerpts. But, we have no problem, Meran, with you posting your Prologue on this thread and having people give you feedback, provided said Prologue is not something like fifty pages, in which case, you can put it up in the special ms. to read section for which I can get you directions. In the Writing Forum, we allow very short fiction, like Juzzza's "700 Words," brief excerpts from longer works such as a short prologue, poetry and sample plot synopses and query letters to be posted for feedback and we've usually gone with the individual threads approach.

So I'm renaming this thread a bit to make it your Prologue thread, Merancapeman, and hope that's okay. If not, PM me. To post your Prologue, you can just cut and paste by using Control C to copy and Control V to paste in the thread. Anything more techinical than that, and we have to get another moderator to help you. :)

As always, folks, we want helpful criticism and comments on the Prologue material.

Merancapeman
December 10th, 2004, 12:30 PM
Actually.... :S It's about 10 pages. I don't think that's okay then... Sheesh.... Erm... Should I try and make a smaller version or cut off a lot?
Or.... maybe post it into two posts.... perhaps?

Jacquin
December 10th, 2004, 12:34 PM
The limit here is 1000 words. If you want to post more than that then please submit your piece to the sffworld community and place a link here for feedback.

J

Drew
December 10th, 2004, 12:40 PM
If you would like someone to read your prologue, you could email it to them. I wouldn't mind reading it if you would like to send it to me in full. ;)

Merancapeman
December 10th, 2004, 12:50 PM
EEK! It's actually 3,000 words... so...

How do I send it to the "community"?

Jacquin
December 10th, 2004, 03:37 PM
You're more than welcome to post the first 1000 words of it here. To submit the entire piece in just click on the link at the top - "Stories/Poems" and follow the instructions there.

J