View Full Version : The Scorpion King

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

Raw_suwedge
February 20th, 2002, 01:18 PM
What's up everyone? Any of you guys mummy fans? I think The Mummy and The Mummy Returns were two of the tightest movies. And the special effects were so freakin awesome, especially in the intro with the battle scene and ancient Egypt and all that stuff. Does anyone have the DVD for The Mummy Returns?? Id like to know what the extras in it are so I know whether to buy it or not. What do you guys all think of the scorpion king? I found the trailer at the-scorpion-king.com and it looks sick. I hear they debuted another trailer at yahoo.com. If any of you guys see that let me know what you guys think of it. aiight, catch yall later!

Llama
February 20th, 2002, 01:36 PM
Ah, I love the smell of blatant marketing in the morning....

Freakin awesome, sick, tight...why do they all have to sound like refugees from the US Olympic snowboarding team?

Then again, for all I know this is an earnest gentleman honestly desiring to know the answer to his question....

Aiight!!

Rob B
February 20th, 2002, 03:05 PM
IF YA SMELALALALALALALALALALAL
WHAT THE MOD
IS COOKIN!

Hey Raw_suwedge, I'm moving this to TV/Film where it will get the love and attention it deserves.

That said I like the first mainly because I saw it on a whim, didn't expect much and was pleasantly surprised. The sequel was OK.

It will be interesting to see if THE MOST ELECTRIFYING MAN IN SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT can carry a potential summer blockbuster. Probably since the film franchise has a built in fan-base.

saintjon
February 21st, 2002, 06:15 AM
Wouldn't touch this rank pile of excrement with a ten foot pole. I can't stand the damn Rock. My bro told me the Mummy Returns was the worst movie he'd ever seen so I didn't watch it either.

Warewolf
April 23rd, 2002, 01:04 PM
Well, I saw this movie this weekend and got out of it exactly what I was expecting: an hour and a half of testosterone-y, adrenaline pumping, scantily clad female having, action!!! There was no brilliant acting and no convoluted, sophisticated plot. This was a straightforward action flick with plenty of fisticuffs, sword fights, and chest thumping!

The Rock did a very credible acting job. Much better than, say, Arnold in the Conan movies. Kelly Hu and Michael Clarke Duncan put in good performances as well.

Not a whole lot of sophisticated CGI effects like in the first two movies. What you do get, though, is several well choreographed fight scenes.

I, for one, am looking forward to a sequel!!!

milamber_reborn
April 28th, 2002, 06:12 PM
The Mummy was good. The Mummy Returns had better special effects and more british humour, so it was a good sequal. The Scorpion King was action-packed and entertaining. The Rock rules, though in WWF I prefer Stone Cold. A cool movie.

The-Windlord
November 14th, 2002, 05:08 PM
You know, some directors will put wrestlers, boxers etc.) just because their big and they would look good for the movie or show. But sometimes, the wrestlers just totally SUCK at acting, which to me is surprising because they act all the time in wrestling. (No offense to wrestling fans.) But in the Scorpion King, The Rock pulled off his character like Angelina Jolie pulled off Lara Croft. You go into the movies thinking he can't pull it, and you walk out the doors saying he/she pulled it off perfectly, well at least I do. They did a good job selecting the actor. The plot was good, the acting was good, the script was a bit present in some parts. The special effects were good, the battle scenes were sometimes intense. All in all I would ive it an "8"

My favorite quote in that movie was,

"Will you stand alone before the furies of his armies?"

*The Scorpion King stood there, blood driping from his lip.

"Yes..."

fluffy bunny
November 14th, 2002, 05:40 PM
what it all boils down to is:

We miss Indiana Jones

Tomb Raider? The Mummy? No thanks

Sammie
November 14th, 2002, 05:54 PM
Yeah but - you know WHY Indiana Jones was better than those, don't you........

Harrison *droolworthy* Ford :D.

Carmichael
November 14th, 2002, 08:13 PM
I thought Scorpion was ok. Nothing to write home about though. Loved the 2 Mummy flick. The effects in the 2nd one rocked.

Oh, Sammie? You DID know that they are working on a NEW Indiana movie? Ford and Connery and it takes place in the early 50's.

Da Knowledgable Gopher