View Full Version : Wow

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3

EscapeFromLife4
December 17th, 2004, 10:44 PM
Who here is playing WOW (World of Warcraft)? If your are put down your highest lvl characters name and what server you're on. I'm on crushridge with all my amigos and I'm a lvl 32 hunter night elf

*Escape*

Bitter Buffalo
December 19th, 2004, 08:05 AM
My friend was in the open Beta and let me play his character a bit. I sure had a lot of fun, WoW is a lot better than EQ2 IMO. If I ever get a broadband connection at home I will probably start playing it.

kray3
December 20th, 2004, 02:13 PM
I'm on Kel'Thuzad (sp?)

Level 46Human Rogue Averly - Goon Squad (Herbalism / Alchemy) *Retired*
Level 33Gnome Mage Lyri (Mining / Skinning) *Retired*

On Earthen Ring
Level 47 Human Warrior Mosrael (Mining / Engineering) *Retired*

Nor sure which I like more yet.

I have recently played this, Final Fantasy 11, and Star Wars Galaxies and in my opinion World of Warcraft is easily the best one.

The world looks great. You can easily group or play solo if that is what you want to do, unlike FFXI where you were forced to group if after level 15. And best of all, you can still do fine if you only play a few hours a week.

Glelas
December 22nd, 2004, 07:29 AM
I am glad this thread is here. I am very close to buying WOW. With a 16 month old and new job and new house, my EQ 1 experience has ended. I bought EQ 2 played like 3 nights for a total of 5 or 6 hours and knew it would be to time consuming. I continue to read and hear great things about WoW. I was wondering if this game will fit into my current situation. Right now my weeknights are full of things to do around the house and with my daughter. I might, if I am lucky get one or two hours of free time a night. On weekends I occassionally have more time if I am not involved in any family activities. Will WoW meet my needs? I am not opposed to grouping when I have a reasonable amount of time but is soloing an option for now? I have no problem logging on for a quick hit and run, logging off - maybe jumping back on etc. if time permits - will WoW give me that? :)

kray3
December 22nd, 2004, 10:53 AM
Soloing can be done with almost any class, I suggest a Hunter or Warlock as you would then have a pet to help you take the critters down. I'm not sure how soloable the later levels are as I am only around level 20. Elite quests are the only ones that really require a group to beat.

As for groups, all the groups I have been in so far are just people I found doing similar quests in the area, we join up, beat the cave/boss, and part ways. I have not been involved in any raiding or instance dungeons yet which may take more time.

Alot of the quests can be done in bits and pieces. There are a few where you need to explore something, these are alot easier to do in one sitting as it is unsafe to log out in the middle of the dungeon. But I have yet to find one that takes more than a 2-3 hours (including running to the area and dieing a few times)

I think it would fit your needs. Out of all the mmorpg's I have tried, WoW is by far the most "casual" friendly.

DarthV
January 4th, 2005, 07:08 AM
I've got chars on a couple different servers:

Perenolde: Tauren Shaman (lvl17?)

Warsong: Night Elf Hunter lvl34 and Human Rogue lvl20

The PvP servers can be crazy at times... doing quests next door to Tarren Mill on Warsong server is a good way to work on getting some serious paranoid tendencies ;) After completing one of the last quests for my level in Southshore, the Horde raided the town with at least 15-20 lvl60 chars plus a pile of 40-60's. Later on, I had my rogue out doing some farming for herbs and the Horde (40+) came into Auberdine and started raiding... ahhh an hour worth of fun (many deaths...but got a few higher levels with backstabs!).

Gregorius_H
January 25th, 2005, 12:57 AM
LONG LIVE THE HORDE! DEATH TO THE ALLIANCE!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Laughing Skull - Lvl 37 Tauren Warrior.

Best. Game. Ever.

What am I doing typing this? I should be playing right now!

Dominus
January 25th, 2005, 03:11 AM
Ordered it today from Blizzard, I was in the open beta but never bought it in the first month, and when I tried 2 weeks ago up until today they weren't selling any more, anywhere. I personally know about 20+ people who play WoW so some friends who are starting new characters (their prime characters are high 30s) are starting some new ones so I can level up with them. Skullcrusher- I'll be an Undead Rogue like in beta. :)

Oh yeah, great site to use if you have trouble finding quest objectives or anything like that. http://www.thottbot.com/

DarthV
February 3rd, 2005, 06:51 AM
I'm just about to hit 50 with my hunter... and starting to get into some serious PvP with my higher guildmates and a local friend's guild. It's always nice to get a little bit of payback after getting ganked trying to get between the instance doors of the Scarlet Monestary (we got ganked mercilously back in my late 30's). So last night we decided to take over the interior and kill anything with a red name :) Very few actually fought back... if the Horde would have organized, we would have been very very dead, but they never had the guts to pull the trigger. At once point there must have been 25 of them to our 6 ;)

Too bad I was already tired or I would have joined the fight for Menethil Harbor...guess a large group of Horde were busy slaughtering our n00bs ;)

Dominus
February 5th, 2005, 09:51 PM
Yes, PvP is the greatest, I had about 20 kills today, and they day is far from done. :) There is nothing like sneaking up behind a guy two levels higher than you and dominating him......3 times in a row......