PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy on TV???????

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Miri
April 28th, 2002, 03:46 AM
Hi!
What do you think of Fantasy on TV? Are there any really good films which can be listed in the fantasy genre? Lord of the rings is the first good approach of filming fantasy - In my view.(I just saw the first part. Part two gets this year in the movies. But besides this, what's there? Films with actor Arnold Schwarzenegger - Conan or something like this? Very disappointing! Can anybody of you recommendend a worthwile film?

Runebreaker
April 28th, 2002, 03:50 AM
im thinking and im drawing a blink. LOTR is probably the only real good one ive seen. Probably only real good one anyones seen. which is why everyone loves it so much

ChrisW
April 28th, 2002, 04:00 AM
Everyone? er I didnt tink it was anytink special myself. It was ok but I found some of the acting really bad. Gandalf and Frodo sucked big time in the acting department.

Now the first conan movie was good and I liked it when I saw it as a child.

Nevyn
April 28th, 2002, 04:00 AM
'Willow'the movie with Val Kilmer starring in it , would be one of my favorites .

Runebreaker
April 28th, 2002, 04:06 AM
Sorry should of said the majority of people. But conan was pretty good willow never really got my blood pumping.

milamber_reborn
April 28th, 2002, 04:34 AM
Sir Ian McKellan was nominated for an Oscar for playing Gandalf and Elijah Wood was perfect for Frodo.

Willow was cool.

Vitriol
April 28th, 2002, 06:26 AM
I saw 'Princess Mononoke' on Thursday; it's a Japanese fantasy cartoon film redubbed with voices by people like Billy Bob Thorton, Gillian Anderson and Minnie Driver.
The quality of the animation is astounding, and it's well worth a look. This is not a children's cartoon, though; there's a fair bit of violence.

ChrisW
April 28th, 2002, 07:48 AM
Oscars mean nothing. They are just like book awards.

Ntschotschi
April 28th, 2002, 10:08 AM
One of my favorites is John Boorman's "Excalibur", an adaptatian of the Arthurian Legend.

fortytwo
April 28th, 2002, 11:50 AM
Some years ago on British TV the BBC screened a Japanese series called Monkey which attracted a sizeable cult audience.
It was based on a 16th century Chinese epic story.Even though it was dubbed into English and somewhat corny it became hugely popular!