PDA

View Full Version : Smallpox

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

BlackCauldron
December 20th, 2004, 07:03 PM
So I was watching this show on the History Channel this weekend, and they had an ad for a movie coming out on Fx called "Smallpox." It's a documentary style movie about what would happen if there was a Smallpox terrorist attack. Anyone else know anything about this or seen it advertised? What do people think of a movie based on this?

BlackCauldron
December 29th, 2004, 09:31 AM
***BUMP***

I can't be the only one seeing commercials for this, I'm bombarded by them everytime I watch Fx. Personally I think it looks like a pretty cool film. Anyone else intrigued or curious about Smallpox?

Dominus
January 1st, 2005, 02:02 PM
I've seen the commercials, WAY too many times, me and my roommates groan every time it comes on. Frankly, I think it's just trying to capitalize off of current fears, and thus it's not worth my time.

Vivacia
January 1st, 2005, 05:48 PM
It is playing off people's fears, and it will probably suck, but I'll watch it anyway just to see if it has any accuracy at all. I was vaccinated for smallpox as a child, but my daughter was not. If it were to be unleashed today, it has the potential to be horribly devistating. Plus I like icky things, so may as well check it out.

BlackCauldron
January 10th, 2005, 09:42 AM
Well, I watched it and thought it was pretty interesting. Apparently it was filmed before 9/11, so kind of hard to say it is "playing off our fears" since that's probably not what they intended. It seemed pretty accurate...I read that they consulted a lot of health and government professionals in making it, so that's probably why.

Gregorius_H
January 27th, 2005, 05:47 PM
I was reading a book awhile back called Biohazard by some guy whose name I have forgotten. He was from one of the old soviet union countries, and it was all about his job as head of Russia's bio and chemical weapon department. Some pretty scary stuff, apparently there's enough anthrax stored to kill the world three times over. A lot of small pox that's unaccounted for as well, also diptheria, bubonic plague, they even experimented with ebola virus.

TayTootje
January 28th, 2005, 03:13 AM
Well i didn't see the add, because we don't get history channel here :D .
but it sounds interresting. Scary too though. Just hope it is indeed accurate and it doesn't reflect a certain type of propaganda towards the obvious group of people. :rolleyes: