View Full Version : WoT game?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

Bitter Buffalo
December 31st, 2004, 01:53 PM
Anybody ever play that Wheel of Time game that was in development a couple of years ago? I remember reading about it at the time but now I'm not even sure if it was ever released.

Dominus
January 1st, 2005, 02:00 PM
It was released as far as I know, but I'm guessing it was pretty bad, since no one I know has ever played it, or even seen it.

milamber_reborn
January 2nd, 2005, 07:23 PM
I grabbed myself a cheap copy 5 years ago in Bali and still own it. It was released in 1999 by GT Interactive and Legend Entertainment Company, and used the original Unreal engine. A patch was released to update the graphics somewhat. The protagonist is an Aes Sedai.

It is regarded by many as an underrated game. If you can put up with the dated graphics, it's a gem of a game.

Bitter Buffalo
January 10th, 2005, 09:45 PM
Am I right in remembering the gameplay was some variation on First Person Shooter type? And you could build fortesses or something like that.

Heresy
March 13th, 2005, 03:07 PM
If it's the game I'm thinking of, I waited until it was going cheap to buy it - 10 bucks - and played like the first level before I said BLARG and quit. It wasn't that the landscape wasn't beautiful - it was... it wasn't that it was full of detail - it had GREAT detail - but the first level played a hell of a lot like doom.

I'm NOT into first person shooting games and to shoot Trollocs and have to aim for them just turned me off in a big way. (I love walking around in a good developed environment any time, but to have things come at me while I'm fiddling with keys was NOT fun.)

Frostmourne
March 19th, 2005, 09:40 PM
Heh, a friend and I downloaded the demo from a site and played each other in Deathmatch mode for a couple days. Pretty lame, but it was fun for a time.

WoTman
May 3rd, 2006, 04:47 PM
i agree with milamber_reborn its a really good game. but the best part is it is totally set up for cheating of every kind. you can edit the game files and do tonns of stuff and there are lots of cheat codes for it. the only problem i have with it is sometimes it's a little too dark to see properly but you can cheat your way out of that so it's ok

Muess
May 5th, 2006, 09:46 AM
Likewise, it was a pretty good game (better then average).

It's been a while since I played it but I remember feeling that, except for a few token elements, it didn't really feel like a WoT game.

Enw
May 30th, 2006, 04:38 PM
It was one of the last computer games I really got into, and a lot of fun.

Jumbo Frendie
July 9th, 2006, 06:49 AM
I never heard of it?
Might make a good game, if anyone gets info PM me..