PDA

View Full Version : Storing Comics..

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Keyoke
December 31st, 2004, 04:25 PM
How do you all store your comics? I normally place them into one of those lil bags for comics, and then I have these old shelves that I can place them into (like a book shelve)..

I use to seal the comics, but, I had heard that might cause them harm. Why? Well, as the comics gets older, it releases gas, and if the comic is sealed, the air doesnt circulate, promoting it to degrade quicker. BUT, if you dont seal the comic, then, moisture can get into faster.

I left most of mine unseal, mostly cause I'm lazy. ;) But, I keep them in a relatively dry and room temperature area.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Keyoke

Rob B
January 3rd, 2005, 02:10 PM
Bags, boards and long boxes. 13 Long boxes to be exact.

Warewolf
January 4th, 2005, 07:16 PM
Bags, boards and long boxes. 13 Long boxes to be exact.
Ditto. Except that I have about twice as many long boxes...

Blackwing
January 7th, 2005, 07:26 AM
Mine are just on the shelfs stacked by title. Except for the ones that I'm reading currently. They are on the table or on the floor next to my bed.

Bagging sounds like a good idea. Where do you get the little bags from? I've never seen them sold.

Warewolf
January 7th, 2005, 02:20 PM
Bagging sounds like a good idea. Where do you get the little bags from? I've never seen them sold.

You can get bags and boards at any decent comic shop.

Blackwing
January 12th, 2005, 07:11 AM
Unfortunately, not in Finland.

Warewolf
January 12th, 2005, 12:48 PM
Unfortunately, not in Finland.
Try eBay then. Mile High (http://www.milehighcomics.com) might sell supplies, but you'd have to check.

Solaar
January 12th, 2005, 03:57 PM
I've got about 6 'coffin' boxes and loads magazine ones that take up loads of room in my dads attic!!

Most have bags round them.

Solaar
the collector