PDA

View Full Version : The Two Towers - A name change needed?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3

Waylander
May 7th, 2002, 06:15 AM
I have just found this and think That someone is way over sensitive or crazy, but what do The American members think.

http://www.petitiononline.com/twotower/

In the interests of free choice I have started a counter petition.

http://www.petitiononline.com/lotr2/

I do not beleve for a second that either Peter Jackson or New Line cinema would consider changing the name, but I also don't beleve in taking chances.

(and yes this is almost the same post as I already have on my own site, but I do feel strongly about this one).

[This message has been edited by Waylander (edited May 07, 2002).]

Rob B
May 7th, 2002, 06:35 AM
There is such a thing as being TOO sensitive and TOO politically correct.

Also, this is really a TV Film topic, so I'm moving it there.

SusF
May 7th, 2002, 07:12 AM
This American is rolling her eyes. There has been such overblown emotions over this thing. In a way it diminishes what did happen.

Susan

Barbarossa
May 7th, 2002, 07:26 AM
I had a look at the original petition, more than 90% of the signatures were voided as false. The majority of the rest seemes to see the whole thing as a joke to guess from comments posted. I wouldn't take the thing too serious.

enazwo
May 7th, 2002, 08:02 AM
I being a red blooded beer swilling american patriot totally supports Peter Jackson's opinion that if he changed the title that he would have a world wide legion of angry fans to deal with.
I think it is preposterous to consider changing the title to this revered classic. Who ever started this petition needs to have a cerberal shunt installed in the auto-emotional-synaptic-network of their cortex and then turn it wide open and drain the wackiness from their deluded view point that any serious fan would ever in a million freaking years sign it.
Imagine if someone started a petition about Titanic wanting the name changed to "The Big Ship that Sank and Killed a bunch or People". It's absurd.

The Lord of the Rings is in the world's fantasy fan's colletive esteem and shouldn't be messed with.

I was majorly peeved when I first read about this suggestion and now highly irritated that it is now on a petition.
Where's that petition at now? I'll personally tear it up.

Have a delightful day.
enazwo
an a american who cares enough to drink a lot of beer

gabador
May 7th, 2002, 11:34 AM
I am feeling extremely piassed off at even suggesting it. The guy is MORON... I need to vent off some anger, and since there are not valid petition signers around, I'll beat up my brother.

wastra
May 7th, 2002, 06:59 PM
You can always send an email to the author of the petition, his address is listed at the bottom.

The petition is asanine in every conceivable way. period.

enazwo
May 7th, 2002, 07:47 PM
I sent the wildly uniformed bonehead who created this petition an email expressing on how many subterrainean levels his ineptitude is only a huge waste of his time. And that an army of LotR fans are mounting an unprecedented counter petition. I wished him luck in his endeavour to waste his time and make more people angry at us Americans by trying to impose upon the world wide fan base of Tolkien this idiotic and misinformed sentiment.
The audacity of these people, I'm telling you I broke out my old sword and chopped up my neighbors shrubbery (their on vaction, should grow back enough by the time they get back). I was screaming out my window. Cops showed up. I explained to them what I was pissed about. One cop was like yeah right on dude. The other cop was like whatever just hold it down. Good cop, bad cop approach I guess.
Any way, I can't believe they have 1,200 plus signatures and we only have 25. Pick up your swords sffworld.com warriors. We can't let this kind of censorship attempt go unanswered. Every one sign this counter petition and send bonehead an email enlightening him about how misinformed petition.

enazwo
an american who cares enough to drink only the hugest amounts of quality beer.

[This message has been edited by enazwo (edited May 07, 2002).]

milamber_reborn
May 7th, 2002, 08:22 PM
What would it be changed to anyway? Someone just gonna make up some catchy name?

The title is what it is cause Tolkien said so.

enazwo
May 9th, 2002, 07:25 AM
I can't believe the petition to change the name has made some national press.
There's an article on Internet Movie Database www.imdb.com (http://www.imdb.com) about the article saying they have 1,200 signatures.
However they do mention something about a "voice of reason" but they don't mention Waylander's counter petition.

Though the peition to change has not gained anymore signatures since Waylander's petition was started, our petition had only 25 when I signed it, it now has 338 and growing. I sending and email to imdb.com about the Waylander's counter petition and maybe we'll get the inundating tidal wave of signatures that will put the smack down on this trouble makers misinform petition.

enazwo
An American who cares enough to drink only the most massive amounts of high quality beer with his ribs, pancakes, and Souffle`