PDA

View Full Version : Reign of Fire anyone?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3

Cygnus
April 22nd, 2002, 10:06 AM
Okay, I actually went to go see the Scorpion King this weekend. It was brainless fun as long as you tried not to be critical of the acting or the script. The best part of the experience was a preview for a movie that I heard about a couple of months ago called Reign of Fire.

The premise seems to be people battling dragons in the near future (2080 or so). Now I'm all for this because I think that dragons are underused in the movies of today (who represents these guys anyway?). But, the movie stars a head-shaved Matthew McConaughey who has never struck me as a dragon slaying type of actor.

The good parts of the movie look to be Christian Bale, and some amazing looking dragons. I get the feeling that it's sort of like Dragonslayer meets Aliens. I'll go see it for those reasons alone.

vortexreader
May 1st, 2002, 08:57 PM
I haven't seen the trailer yet but what I've read and photos of seen have made me very excited about this movie...it looks like it's going to be amazing.

milamber_reborn
May 2nd, 2002, 05:20 AM
Sounds cool. On the other hand I liked Dungeons and Dragons and most people think it was crap, forgetting that it was not supposed to be a serious movie.

Aylis
May 7th, 2002, 07:23 PM
The trailer looked pretty good, but do you know when it's coming out? Anytime soon hopefully?? If it comes out before Two Towers, I'll be happy. That way the wait won't seem so long.

Cygnus
May 8th, 2002, 08:14 AM
Well it's not coming out soon enough for me, but it will be out before the Two Towers. The web site lists the date of release as July 12. It is actually a really cool site if you happen to have some time to kill.

Here's the link: http://bventertainment.go.com/movies/reignoffire/index.html#

Aylis
May 18th, 2002, 03:43 PM
Whoa! that is a really cool site! as for the release date, I thought it might come out next year or something, so July is not that bad, but still a long time to wait.

Qin
June 3rd, 2002, 05:29 AM
Humans fighting dragons with rockets and tanks? Skyscrapers mauled by dragons? This is not to be missed.

ezchaos
June 15th, 2002, 05:13 PM
I just saw the commercial for this movie last night and then went to the website to check it out. It looks awesome and it's coming out in just a few weeks.

Shanoncia
June 27th, 2002, 12:39 PM
I saw the preview in all it's glory and I must admit at first I thought, uh oh... but the trailer picked up and so did my spirits and by the end of it I was convinced that this was a not to be missed movie. I think the acting should be good because I noted that Christian Bale has star billing in it. I like him, I've never seen him do anything cheesy, he's picky with his work... and so I suppose it's a good sign. BUt anyway I'm babbling on again, my point is I think it will be great and I"m looking forward with eager hopes to it's release.

If you haven't seen the trailer and would like to, you can get a small quick loading one at this address
http://www.apple.com/trailers/touchstone/reign_of_fire.html

Alucard
June 27th, 2002, 03:58 PM
I'm undecided here. I've seen so many bad fantasy movies that I always go into them a little cynical. It might be good, but I know better than to get my hopes up.