PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone here like Mr. Bean?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

Zsinj
January 6th, 2005, 11:11 AM
Forget the crappy movie, I'm talking about the original
British comedy. I absolutely love Mr. Bean and think it's one of the most hillarious shows out there. It's too bad they aren't making any more episodes. I remember the first time I saw Mr. Bean on PBS when I was younger, I was like "Who is this nut?! He's absolutely crazy!" And from then on I was hooked. So I was wondering if anyone else on this board shared my love for this show.
By the way, one of the biggest mysteries about Mr. Bean, I think, is his origin. I mean, what's his first name? And at the intro of the show there's a big spotlight shining on a street ands he's thrown down from the sky. What the heck does this mean?! Was he once an angel and he was so dumb that God got so mad that He threw him out of heaven, or did he get abducted by aliens and they found him so dumb they couldn't even experiment on him, and they threw him out of their ship? Where the heck did this looney bird come from?!!

Solaar
January 6th, 2005, 11:34 AM
By the way, one of the biggest mysteries about Mr. Bean, I think, is his origin. I mean, what's his first name?

Er... Mr?

And at the intro of the show there's a big spotlight shining on a street ands he's thrown down from the sky. What the heck does this mean?! Was he once an angel and he was so dumb that God got so mad that He threw him out of heaven, or did he get abducted by aliens and they found him so dumb they couldn't even experiment on him, and they threw him out of their ship? Where the heck did this looney bird come from?!!

Ah, no - that will just be our quaint british humour that no one else even understands!! :D

Mr Bean the series was pretty funny. My son loves it to bits and I've bought all fifty-bloody-two issues of the comic/magazine so far!! To be fair, it's very educational.

Solaar
the teacher

kahnovitch
January 6th, 2005, 06:43 PM
Mr Bean is great stuff, particularly the earlier episodes.
Rowan Atkinson himself co-wrote it with Richard Curtis and Ben Elton, who created the brillaint "Blackadder" series.

saintjon
January 7th, 2005, 04:19 PM
I love Mr. Bean, but all these stupid people get it in their heads that I look like him, which will ruin anyone's day really.

I only ever saw 3 episodes of Black Adder but jumpin jippers was that ever a funny show. I'd have to watch each episode 3 times to pick out all the dialogue but once you get into it's just non-stop laughs.

Serq
January 7th, 2005, 04:40 PM
Oh, I'm a Mr. Bean fan, too. I so love the Christmas episode!

One summer when I was babysitting a couple of very young children, I'd throw a Mr. Bean video into the player and sit back for a bit of peace while they watched, entranced. He worked even better than Barney for keeping their attention. :D

FicusFan
January 8th, 2005, 12:17 AM
I saw it once or twice on PBS. I really wanted to like it, because I loved Blackadder. But it just never made me laugh. :confused:

Eurytus
January 8th, 2005, 04:09 PM
Mr Bean is very much in the vein of comedy that I find absolutely unfunny, to which can be added Jerry Lewis, Lee Evans and Norman Wisdom. They are closely related to circus clowns I guess and I find them also completely unfunny.

I always found it a great pity that Rown Atkinson will be remembered in much of the world for Mr Bean when in reality the latter 3 series of Blackadder were 1,000 times superior.
Blackadder Goes Forth in particular, I think General Melchett is one of the greatest comic inventions though sadly I fear he may not have been too exagerated from real WWI generals.

Nevyn
January 8th, 2005, 07:23 PM
There were a couple of Bean episodes worth watching but like FicusFan and Eurytus I just diddn't find him funny . Blackadder on the other hand was brilliant .

to which can be added Jerry Lewis, Lee Evans and Norman Wisdom. They are closely related to circus clowns I guess and I find them also completely unfunny. Can I add Jim Carey to the list ?

FicusFan
January 8th, 2005, 08:09 PM
My favorite Blackadder was the 3rd one, set during the Regency with the stupid prince. I liked the prince too (Hugh Laurie- Also liked him in Jeeves and Worcester ).

saintjon
January 9th, 2005, 01:18 AM
I liked the one where he was the archbishop of Canterbury.

best quote:

"Who the devil were they?"
"I dunno but that tall fellow had a face full of manure!"
"Now that's what I call style."

What would medieval humour be without peasants?