View Full Version : Ender's Game Movie Update

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

EnderW
February 9th, 2002, 06:05 PM
Not sure if this topic has already been discussed, I'm sure it has. Anyway, that doesn’t mean I can't post it again http://www.sffworld.com/ubb/wink.gif So pretty much the only comment I have to make at this point is that I hope the infernal rumor that they were going to star the same kid how played Anikin in Starwars as Ender. Dear God I hope not. I don't want that little...ummm well yeah. I just don't want him to slaughter Ender's Game like he did Star wars.

Alai
February 10th, 2002, 12:04 AM
You're refering to Jake Lloyd. I don't understand why everybody is picking on him? I thought he did great in TPM. Even though he's perfect for the role , check out:
http://www.getcaughtreading.org/celebrities/jake.html

If this isn't reason enough... Anyway he's to old by now, he's 13 and wont really make a promisin 6-year-old, he might fit the role when Ender gets older, like at the time he kills Bonzo Madrid. I don't know how much Haley Joel Osment has grown since 6:th sence but if not much he'll make a good Ender. That's always the problem with child actors, they grow to fast. At least you had the decency not to call him a lot I've heard back at the Star Wars Message boards. Honestly, how can you say such things about a little kid that might be browsing the boards since he's a Star Wars fan himself?

Aylis
February 10th, 2002, 11:51 AM
They're making an Ender's Game movie?!?! I didn't know that! Anyways, I'd prefer Haley Joel Osment to Jake Lloyd, but that doesn't mean I don't like Jake Lloyd. I thought he did fine in TPM but Haley Joel Osment just seems to fit Ender better. I just hope it's not going to be a bad movie.

Alai
February 11th, 2002, 08:18 AM
Now that I'm finished with Ender's Game I realize that Jake Lloyd wont fit in the role as Ender. I say let Haley do it, Jake's a great actor thought.

Barbarossa
February 12th, 2002, 12:53 AM
An Enders game movie has been in planning for some years, both Loyd and Osment were conidered at times, and both were declared as too old by now by OSC. The movie is currently in development hell, perhaps a 20 % chance that it will be made in the near future.

Alai
February 12th, 2002, 05:58 AM
I just saw the perfect Ender on TV. Unfortionatly I didn't catch his Name. Does anybody here know him, he played, Jude, a super smart boy on Dark Angel. In the episode he, Max and Lydecker where caught in a hostage situation. Does anybody know who he is?

Loque
February 15th, 2002, 09:31 AM
It was an effort not to get my hopes up there, and i see i was right not to, after all the years i've heard people discussing the possibility of various sff films i am beginning to learn they all get bogged down in development. What sort of control does card have on the process, i ask because gemmell has had people offer to make films of his books but they always want the character right apparently and, well, deathwish 2 onwards anyone?

Alai
February 28th, 2002, 09:10 AM
How come this thread has been forgotten? It's agood subject!

vortexreader
May 20th, 2002, 04:39 PM
Various movie gossip sites have reported that director Wolfgang Petersen (In The Line Of Fire, Airforce One, The Perfect Storm) has signed on to direct the Ender's Game movie.

I think this is a very promising move: he's a director used to working with state of the art special effects on big budget movies that still seem to have strong human elements.

What does everyone else think?

[This message has been edited by vortexreader (edited May 29, 2002).]

Rob B
May 21st, 2002, 03:35 AM
Didn't Peterson direct The Neverending Story, too?