PDA

View Full Version : What is the word I am looking for?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

SubZero61992
January 13th, 2005, 07:15 PM
I am going to keep this plot secret, so I will just get to the word I am looking for.

I want to know if a word exist that could represent, two-faced, betrayed, good-to-bad, stuff like that, becasue their is a word I need for someone who has been hiding as if they were good but had an evil scheme, so I need a word to call it.

Erebus
January 13th, 2005, 07:23 PM
Sounds like you need a thesaurus, subzero. :)

Anyway, try this one for size:

duplicitous

There's plenty more I could post, but half the fun of writing is learning stuff and doing research yourself, which also has the added benefit of helping with spelling, which I see you struggle with at times.

SubZero61992
January 13th, 2005, 07:28 PM
Thanks alot Erebus, though the word you provided wasn't the word I kept, but the words that described it led me to my word, Deception or Deceptive.

Expendable
January 13th, 2005, 10:42 PM
http://dictionary.reference.com/

Good thesaurus.

SubZero61992
January 14th, 2005, 05:22 AM
I had forgot the meaning of theasarus, for some reason I was thinking it showed if the word was a noun, adj, etc.

Prunesquallor
January 14th, 2005, 08:21 AM
http://www.m-w.com/

kahnovitch
January 14th, 2005, 12:09 PM
I had forgot the meaning of theasarus,.

That is a bloody brilliant quote! :D
You are a star subzero.

Gary Wassner
January 14th, 2005, 12:44 PM
I have to say, Sub, that reading your posts is one of the most refreshing things I do here! You are going to be one heck of an author one day, if honesty and innocence has anything to do with it.

Jamza1986
January 14th, 2005, 01:25 PM
Yep, and the knowledge you learn this early on is going to be of great use to you later. Most people have giant holes in their grammatical and english knowledge, you'll beat that, hopefully.

choppy
January 14th, 2005, 03:30 PM
"What's another word for thesaurus?" - Stephen Wright