PDA

View Full Version : Weapons of Writing Competition!

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

SubZero61992
January 13th, 2005, 07:34 PM
I wanted to create a poll of which weapon you think would win a one on one fight with the most EXPERT handler.
They have a forest enviroment.

Maybe this poll shouldnt go here, but I have always questioned which weapon is the best.

The poll is multiple choice if it is too hard for you.
Pesonally, I think in the hands of an Expert and sword can beat all.

TheEarCollector
January 13th, 2005, 08:11 PM
Where are the rifles? I refuse to take part in this poll until we have rifles!

Expendable
January 13th, 2005, 10:21 PM
A rock in the right place and time works just as well as any of those.

Maybe the question should be for what those are best for.

MrBF1V3
January 14th, 2005, 12:35 AM
I can only tell you what I know.

A baseball bat beats a knife, even a long knife, any day of the week. Against a baseball bat, bare hands gives you the best chance, but you have to be quick.

If I was choosing a weapon to fight against a gun, I'd choose a car. At a hundred yards, it may be slower, but it can be more effective.

I'm guessing on this one, but in a forest environment I'd choose a short sword, a long sword tends to catch on errant branches, etc. Either that, or a good sling shot.

(PS-Cool new avatar Expendable :cool: )
B5

SubZero61992
January 14th, 2005, 04:18 AM
If an expert sword or bow user was fighting me I would say out of fear I would use the handgun because it is faster and sometimes long range.

Chlestron
January 14th, 2005, 05:55 PM
well this isn't really a fair question. Are we talking say an expert swordsman vs. an expert marksman? In that case, it will depend on who sees the other guy first and how far away they are. If the swordsman sees the opponent first, AND can sneak up on him, well he'll win. If the marksman sees the opponent first he'll win.

If both see each other at the same time and are more than a couple yards apart, the marksman will win just because the swordsman will have to close the distance.

In a forest environment, I would go with the sword for melee and rifle for long range.