View Full Version : Csi

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

TayTootje
January 19th, 2005, 09:38 AM
Just wondering if thereīs anybody else here who likes Crime Scene Investigation.
I love that serie. Iīve always been interrested in forensic science and this serie gives it a bit more action then those stories on the Discovery Channel and National Geographic.
Now I know there are all these people saying how it gives a wrong turn to the reality, but I donīt really bother, itīs good, educative, entertainment, if you ask me.
And the kind of humor they use is exactly the kind I use in everyday live :cool: .

So, any opinions?

MrBF1V3
January 19th, 2005, 09:44 AM
In situations like those sometimes the humor gets much worse. My cousin, who was a police detective, once told me about a time he and his co-workers got into a wet towel fight when they were cleaning up the blood from a murder scene. (Yeech!)

I also like CSI. I know it's often over the top, but usually well researched. I'm not as sure about the spin-offs.
B5

Miriamele
January 19th, 2005, 11:11 AM
I love CSI. I agree that it can be over-the-top but it's very entertaining and it's cool that you learn a bit while watching too. :)

A little while ago (before Christmas sometime) Spike TV had a CSI marathon. They played nothing but CSI 24 hours a day for a full week. It was awesome.

Monty Mike
January 19th, 2005, 12:07 PM
I watched a few of the Episode and really like them. My friend is a massive CSI fan though, in fact, his whole family are....

TayTootje
January 20th, 2005, 06:14 AM
:eek: A CSI marathon? Thatīs the dream!! No just kidding, I think 24 hours would be a bit to much, but I would certainly like to see a couple of episodes after each other. When the episode is finished Iīm always so sad, cos Iīll have to wait a week for the next :( .
Ow and MrBF, those wet towel fights sound truly discusting :rolleyes: !

Miriamele
January 20th, 2005, 07:25 AM
Well geez we didn't watch it 24 hrs straight! Just 3-4 episdoes every afternoon (both unemployed at the time)...which is bad enough. :D

Serq
January 20th, 2005, 08:34 AM
I generally don't watch much TV (don't even have cable), but I "discovered" CSI about 3 months ago, and now am completely hooked. Here we have at least 3 nights of it, one for the current episodes, and two nights of re-runs. I love it.

I haven't checked out the spin-offs, though.

Cymric
January 20th, 2005, 08:58 AM
The original CSI is pretty good. The science is solid (if a bit accelerated) and the characters are more sciencetest than cop which is really the way it should be. The one I cannot stand though is CSI Miami. The writers for las vegas seem to research the legal issues surrounding forensics and police work. In Miami it seems as though they do not even operate under the same constitution. Every episode they violate the constitution somehow and it grates me. You can have video tape of the murder itself but if the evidence is tainted by constitutional violations it is thrown out. This grates me.

TayTootje
January 20th, 2005, 08:58 AM
Whatīs spin offs?

I "discovered" CSI a couple of years ago, two or three I think. Loved it ever since.
But I really dislike CSI Miami. Horatio annoys me terribly.

Miriamele
January 20th, 2005, 11:19 AM
Same here--I can't stand the Miami CSI. But I love all the characters of CSI Las Vegas. Especially Grissom.