PDA

View Full Version : Anyone played Resident Evil 4 yet?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

saintjon
January 21st, 2005, 10:20 AM
I just read some people raving pretty seriously about it, too bad I'm way too broke to think of getting it right now. Maybe i could squeeze in a rental or something.

Apparently they made an effort to re-invent the RE wheel so I'm curious to give it a try.

Monty Mike
January 21st, 2005, 05:16 PM
I've been told good things about it, but I wouldn't get my hopes up....

JamesL
January 22nd, 2005, 05:25 AM
I've been told good things about it, but I wouldn't get my hopes up....

Why not? The Resi series has always been on a good, consistant level. :)

With the excellent work that Capcom did with Resi Remake on the Gamecube and then the slightly-flawed but worthy Resident Evil 0, I have high hopes for this new one.

Is it out yet? Shame I have no money to spend on it... :mad:

From what I've seen, the new engine looks stunning and apparently the AI is top-notch. But there are no zombies in it! :(
Although, freaky villagers armed with pitchforks and monks smattered in blood....sounds good to me! ;)

saintjon
January 22nd, 2005, 09:17 AM
It is indeed out yet, the damn tv is taunting me with commercials daily and I read like 3 pages of consistently blown away posters at another forum yesterday.

kater
January 22nd, 2005, 12:09 PM
Yeah it does look top, I've picked up a few magazines with videos of the game and it looks very different, far less claustrophobic although I think the villagers are 'zombie-like' but can't be sure as I don't know the story. Its gonna be a while before it comes out on PS2 which means I have time to save :D

Solaar
January 22nd, 2005, 12:58 PM
Is 4 the one where you're with a group of survivors and starts in a bar?

The one thats mainly for online play?

Solaar
just asking

saintjon
January 22nd, 2005, 03:39 PM
Um no Solaar I think that was came out on PS2 last year, I saw my buddies playing something like that in their apartment a while back. Unfortunately I don't know the name, but since you're supposed to work together with other people it's like the ultimate crappy weapon RE. (to the tune of whacking zombies with chairs and 2x4's and stuff, kind of like wrestling really)

Monty Mike
January 22nd, 2005, 04:46 PM
Is 4 the one where you're with a group of survivors and starts in a bar?

The one thats mainly for online play?

Solaar
just asking
That's the one my friend has, and to be honest I didn't like it much better than the previous ones, but then I didn't really like any of them, they're all too slow IMO....

JamesL
January 22nd, 2005, 06:56 PM
Unfortunately I don't know the name, but since you're supposed to work together with other people it's like the ultimate crappy weapon RE. (to the tune of whacking zombies with chairs and 2x4's and stuff, kind of like wrestling really)

I think it was called Resident Evil: Outbreak.

kater
January 22nd, 2005, 06:58 PM
Yeah it was and Outbreak 2 is due for release soon, both are supposed to be decent - some good set pieces but little else in the way of innovation. Resi 4 is the one I think all fans are waiting for/playing till their fingers bleed :D