PDA

View Full Version : LOTR Ultimate DVD Collection

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

juzzza
January 24th, 2005, 08:17 AM
Jackson has revealed from the set of King Kong, that he is planning a Lord of The Rings Ultimate DVD Collection.

The set will included the three extended versions (not combined into one film) and likely won't arrive in stores for another two or three years.

"I don't want to add more footage," Jackson says. "There's as much in there as we want. Eventually you are just going to go backward and weaken the films." Instead, he would prefer to simply show the unused deleted scenes and explain why they were cut.

Jackson would also like to include feature-lenght documentaries, made by longtime associate Costa Botes, on the making of the movies. "There are no commentary or interviews. It's like a reality TV show," Jackson says.

He adds that the bloopers, or "bleepers" as Jackson calls them, would also be a new feature. They were previously only shown to the major cast members as a farewell tribute after they finished filming.

Well... Dunno about you lot, but in two or three years I will likely pay for the bloody thing :rolleyes:

Miriamele
January 24th, 2005, 02:14 PM
Oh, bloody hell! :mad:

Of course there's not a word breathed of this collection until everybody and their brother has already bought all 3 extended DVDs individually. And now half those people are going to buy them again for the added stuff. Sneaky bastards!

I doubt I'll be able to afford it, but I WOULD like to see the deleted scenes and bloopers especially...

They did the same with the the Matrix movies. :rolleyes:

BeardofPants
January 25th, 2005, 04:01 AM
Well, I could see that one coming. :rolleyes:

juzzza
January 25th, 2005, 08:21 AM
Pete, love your work, but stop pissing around with LOTR and film The Hobbit already!!!

Shehzad
January 30th, 2005, 02:29 PM
My LotR ultimate will be one day of watching the three ext editions, back-to-back, with nothing but bathroom breaks...

One of these days...

Evil Agent
January 30th, 2005, 02:43 PM
Maybe by then we'll all have cheap DVD burners..then we can just copy the extra features.

Although knowing me, owning every version already, I'll probably cave in and buy them, like the weak consumer I am, especially if they change up the art work and cases. :D

Colonel Worf
February 1st, 2005, 09:21 AM
I know I'll end up buying it... :(

Evil Agent
February 1st, 2005, 11:23 PM
We're Weak!!!

weak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dallandra
February 2nd, 2005, 02:06 AM
Well I guess it was inevitable, that there would yet be a longer version. I can only imagine how expensive it'll be, I'll never be able to afford it! :(