PDA

View Full Version : WWE Movies!!!

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

juzzza
January 24th, 2005, 08:37 AM
Yep, Vince is now launching a legit movie production company and has three movies lined up already.

Stone Cold Steve Austin Stars in the first product, titled Condemned where Austin plays an ex-cop on Death Row, who is offered one last chance of life... In a lethal reality TV show, where he is hunted by hardmen and fighters... Smacks of The Running Man to me.

Ceda is up next in a movie called The Marine also starring Robert Patrick.

Perhaps most excitingly, is the proposed Goodnight starring Kane. It's a horror movie and they reckon, they are trying to take on franchise horror characters such as Freddie and Jason with their concept.

So, what do you think? They certainly have the budget and the muscles to make movies with potential and hey, the ROCK ain't doing too badly. Goldberg has cropped up in cameo in a few movies too.

Quagmire
January 24th, 2005, 11:51 AM
anyone remember XFL?

I haven't watched wrestling in years since MMA (UFC and Pride) came on. The bad thing with wrestling is that everyone there has the same badass personality. These guys will be playing the same role types in every movie. They need variety in their gimmicks. Most wrestlers out there now are clones of Steve Austin.

juzzza
January 24th, 2005, 11:55 AM
Yep, but at the same time it's hard to get cast in the oscar-worthy roles when you are 7"2 and weigh-in at 500 pounds!!!

Of course, when they make the gritty movies about some of the famous wrestlers of yester-year, which is inevitable, they will need wrestlers to play wrestlers.

Quagmire
January 24th, 2005, 03:54 PM
haha...some of my fave characters back in the 80s and 90s
Superfly Jimmy Snuka
Razor Ramon
Mr Perfect
The Hit Man Bret Hart
The Dragon Ricky Steamboat
The Model Rick Martel
The Quebecers

Bastion Booger (if anyone can remember him) would make an awesome villain!

Badger
January 31st, 2005, 01:34 PM
I still have a soft spot for Sting, the Ultimate Warrior, & Rowdy Roddy Piper!

Steve