View Full Version : Beowulf

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

juzzza
January 24th, 2005, 08:43 AM
A new animated movie is planned... So? I hear you say... Well, Neil Gaiman is part of the writing team and it will be directed by Robert Zemekis!!!

Could be good, although not planned until 2007.

Anyone heard any facts or gossip?

juzzza
January 24th, 2005, 08:45 AM
Ooh, here's something interesting, it is rumoured that the budget is $70 million!!!

Monty Mike
January 24th, 2005, 10:32 AM
I've heard nothing, but the only movie I await for 2007 is The Hobbit!! That's gonna kick ass!

Miriamele
January 24th, 2005, 02:02 PM
An animated Beowulf? Sounds....weird. I just can't picture it. I love Beowulf though, so I will definitely check it out when it comes out eventually. It could potentially be really cool.

BeardofPants
January 25th, 2005, 04:02 AM
Beowulf, eh? The cynic in me says it'll suck... but Neil Gaiman - he might be able to make it work...

Sparhawke
January 25th, 2005, 09:38 AM
Well, I know Gaiman only by reputation, but if that generous budget goes towards making the film as visually detailed as some of the Gaiman comics I've flicked through this will be a feast for the eyes.

It's a classic story and I can't believe I haven't heard of this before now. Best keep an eye out.

juzzza
January 25th, 2005, 10:20 AM
Sandman!!!

And American Gods, are brilliant!!!

Leiali
January 25th, 2005, 10:29 AM
Sandman!!!

And American Gods, are brilliant!!!

Hear Hear!! Neil Gaiman as part of the writing team is going to be pretty exciting. I loved American Gods especially.
I think that a suitably gothic atmosphere in animation is possible, I remember years ago there was a series of short animated versions of some of shakespears plays, made around the world. They were extremely innovative and used some amazing styles - like painted glass (I kid you not) The whole thing done in painted glass. I don't see why this won't be just as good as with all that money they have access to the technology they would need. And I would definitely prefer to see an animated version over a CGI version any day.

saintjon
January 25th, 2005, 11:03 PM
Well let's hope they don't mean Computer animated in that case...

I think it's great news though, gives me a movie to look forward to for a change.

juzzza
January 26th, 2005, 03:14 AM
When you consider some of the Manga offerings, and animated movies like Spirited Away or even the Animatrix series... I don't think we should expect Beowulf to be a let down just because it is animated.

I KNOW Gaiman won't compromise the writing, I just hope he has some creative input into the finished product. I would love for him to capture some of the menace and darkness created in Sandman.