PDA

View Full Version : Ultima

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Cwass
January 24th, 2005, 10:59 AM
ok so i have played every Ultima game since the Apple2C. they were all awsome. a few year ago Ultima IX Ascension came out. incredible graphics, easy control and what not. the only thing is there was a slight flaw in it. it stopped working! i tried over and over again deleting the game and reinstalling it and the same thing happened. i downloaded all the patches that came out for it, still nothing. i was able to play for maybe 2 hours or so until the color started to go and it began to lag.
anyway, i was wondering if anyone was able to get that to work, and if so if anyone knows where i can get it. i even went to the website for it and i cant even buy it from them.

Monty Mike
January 24th, 2005, 11:24 AM
I know they've got some Ultima IX patches here, so you just need to do a search:

http://dlx.gamespot.com/search/

JamesL
January 24th, 2005, 12:07 PM
The only Ultima game I ever played was Ultima VIII: Pagan.

One of my all time favourite games. :)

Merancapeman
January 24th, 2005, 01:42 PM
An Ultima thread!!! ROCK ON!!!

Cwass
January 24th, 2005, 04:15 PM
favorite one was VII: the silver seed. i used to play it with my brother for hours on end. i jsut loved the whole thing where you had to answer questions from the book in the begining and all the side quests which took hours to complete...even days to complete.

ive tried the patches before...they havent seemed to work...i dont even knwo where the game has dissappeared to and i cant find where to buy it anymore.

Merancapeman
January 25th, 2005, 07:26 AM
Mmm.... Mine is VI Quest of the Avatar or something like that... It was one of the most realistic!

JamesL
January 25th, 2005, 08:07 AM
Like I said, the only one I have played is Ultima VIII Pagan. This is one of my fave all-time games and was the first RPG I ever played.
I love the graphics and the atmosphere that the sound and visuals create. The world semed so exciting and large at the time; I spent many, many hours wandering through the catacombs and caves searching for new tunnels and paths, all the while keeping an eye out for treasure. :)

The magic system was great as well, and there were so many hidden mini-quests and the like that really added depth to the game. Brilliant stuff. Such a shame the supposed expansion pack never saw the light of day. :(

Cwass
January 25th, 2005, 08:24 AM
i wish they would make a new Ultima. Ultima X. not online though. i started the online one, the first one....it was good for a little while, but then the PKs (Player Killers) started. i couldnt even walk throught he town without someone trying to kill me. and because of that i hardly even play online games now. jsut knowing that whatever the game there will be PKs.

JamesL
January 25th, 2005, 08:53 AM
i wish they would make a new Ultima. Ultima X. not online though. i started the online one, the first one....it was good for a little while, but then the PKs (Player Killers) started. i couldnt even walk throught he town without someone trying to kill me. and because of that i hardly even play online games now. jsut knowing that whatever the game there will be PKs.

Ultima online should take a leaf out of Runescape's book. While Runescape is a freebie online MMORPG and is pretty basic, it does have the rule that you cannot attack people in towns/settlements. You can only fight each other in the wilderness, meaning that newbies don't get hit on by PKs.

Cwass
January 25th, 2005, 09:21 AM
what i think they should do is setup a battle arena for all online games liek these. so if people want to fight they go to this arena and they can go all out.....they can wager money and equipment so that the PKs will still get somethign from killing people like they would outside of it. that way newbies and people who actually try to play the game through dont have to worry about it.