View Full Version : Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Merancapeman
January 26th, 2005, 07:47 AM
YEEEAH! It's coming out May 8th! Amazing! Who'd ever think such a wonderful book would come out on theatre!

Here is a thread where we can share info on the upcoming movie, and will also help find out what's going on, who is who, and little tid-bits of important info!

kray3
January 26th, 2005, 11:32 AM
Really looking forward to seeing this. Marvin isn't exactly as I pictured him in my mind, but I should be able to get over that.

Screenshot (http://www.darkhorizons.com/2005/hitchhiker/guide1.jpg)

saintjon
January 26th, 2005, 01:31 PM
dude I think he looks hilarious LOL (and nothing like I pictured him either)

LOL he's so sad looking!

Loque
January 26th, 2005, 06:42 PM
Yeah, I think the TV series version of Marvin summed up how I saw him quite nicely. Does anyone know if Simon Jones has had any involvement in this? I would have thought he more than anyone would have been in a position to help this be a worthy addition to the Hitchhikers' universe.

Merancapeman
January 27th, 2005, 07:44 AM
Alright, I'm making guesses. The girl is the reporter. The guy on the right is Arthur and the left is Ford Prefect.... If not, then the guy on the left is someone I don't know and the guy on the right is Ford Prefect. Am I right? Am I right?

Here is the cast, and I found that Mos Def is Ford.

Mos Def, Martin Freeman, Zooey Deschanel, Sam Rockwell, Bill Nighy, John Malkovich, Alan Rickman, Bill Bailey, and Stephen Fry. Interesting... Who is John Malkovitch?

Quagmire
January 27th, 2005, 10:38 AM
John Malkovich = Lenny from Of Mice and Men.

He was also nominated for a Best Supporting Actor award at the Oscars for playing the bad guy in "In the Line of Fire" with Clint Eastwood.
He's done a whole lot more than that but I'll let you research into it further.

kray3
January 27th, 2005, 10:41 AM
The girl is Trillian

The guy on the right, with the towel, is Ford

The guy on the left is Zaphod (sp?)
I heard rumors that said he won't have a second head, hear other rumors that the will. But you can notice on the picture that his head is leaning towards one side, maybe to fit a cgi second head in?

Loque
January 27th, 2005, 11:45 AM
The girl is the reporter.

The reporter?

Merancapeman
January 27th, 2005, 12:19 PM
Trillian. Oh, and I KNOW who John is, lol. I meant who is he going to play! He was also off of "Man in the Iron Mask" and was pretty good, too!

Loque
January 27th, 2005, 12:29 PM
Trillian. Oh, and I KNOW who John is, lol. I meant who is he going to play! He was also off of "Man in the Iron Mask" and was pretty good, too!

I thought Trillian was an physics and maths graduate living off the dole? Admittedly that may have been her joking, but I don't remember anything about her being a reporter.