PDA

View Full Version : Pirates of the Caribbean sequels news...

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3

juzzza
January 27th, 2005, 10:54 AM
The excellent Stellen Skarsgard, from King Arthur (he played the SCARY saxon leader), will be cast in the sequels... Character unknown.

TayTootje
January 28th, 2005, 04:15 AM
ooh i heard about somebody playing in it too, and it made me laugh I remember, but don't know who it was anymore :confused:

Lifino
January 29th, 2005, 11:47 PM
When PotC was released the press made a big tadoo about how Depp partly modeled his character after Keith Richards... A few months back I heard that they were going to have Richards play Sparrow's father. It's just an unsubstantiated rummor, but cool none the less...

http://www.bongonews.com/StoryImages/keith_richards.jpg

Also, quick note, and FYI - IMDB.com has a little info about PotC2.

Monty Mike
January 30th, 2005, 07:33 AM
Hehe, I can see the resemblance :D

I'm really looking forward to this. Depp is such a great actor

JamesL
January 30th, 2005, 08:41 AM
I'm really looking forward to this. Depp is such a great actor

Damned right. Can't wait to see him in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

SubZero61992
February 4th, 2005, 09:02 AM
I've read alot about the sequel and the part 3, if anyone knew there was a part 3.

Here is what one of my websites say about upcoming movies.

Pirates of The Caribbean 2 and 3 will be shot back to back. The screenplays will be finalized this summer with principal photography beginning early 2005 for 9 months. The first Pirates Of The Caribbean sequel should be ready for a 2006 release.
Current rumour is that the title is Dead Mans Chest.
Chow Yun Fat will play a famous Chinese Pirate called Cheung Po Tsai in both the sequels.
Keith Richards may appear as a cut-throat pirate (The Father of Jack Sparrow). Geoffrey Rush will also appear again in the first sequel.
Naomi Harris is signed on to the first sequel to play a Gypsy Queen called Tia Dalma. Stellan Skarsgard has also joined the cast as Wills father 'Bootstraps' Bill Turner.
Alex Norton will play Captain Sam Bellamy
Some Cast members will be signed up for both sequels though Johnny Depp is only signed for the first sequel.
British comedian Johnny Vegas has revealed that he's signed up to play a part in the movie.
Rumor has it that they may stray from the Caribbean and also venture into Thailand an the far east!

BlackCauldron
February 24th, 2005, 12:37 PM
The first POTC was an absolute blast, so much fun. Well done pirate movies are a real joy. I'm definitely looking forward to the next to in this series.

Monty Mike
February 26th, 2005, 06:13 PM
Has there been an official release date put forward? I assume it will be out before christmas?

Evil Agent
February 27th, 2005, 01:34 AM
I too saw that Skarsgard will be playing Bootstrap Bill, Orlando Bloom's father, on imdb.com

But wasn't Bloom supposed to be the spitting image of his father? I don't think Skarsgard looks like him at all. But maybe the makeup will help? :confused:

BlackCauldron
March 3rd, 2005, 11:10 AM
Has there been an official release date put forward? I assume it will be out before christmas?

I guess Christmas makes sense, but why aren't they having it be a mid-to-late summer release again?