View Full Version : Playstation 3

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3

Gregorius_H
February 2nd, 2005, 02:24 AM
I just read somewhere that sony's processor for the PS3 going to work at 4.6ghz. HOLY BEJEESUS CHRIST! That is if its not just a big hype machine.

I wonder what things developer's could do with 4.6ghz? Then again... I know exactly what they're going to do with that. Another GTA, a few more GTA clones, some more Metal Gear, some more fighting games, more of the same. Perhaps this increase in power can not only provide better cosmetics, but can it actually open up new gameplay possibilities? Can it allow for some truly original ideas?

Here's hoping...

Monty Mike
February 2nd, 2005, 02:30 AM
Oh yeah, it's gonna be amazing.... just a matter of when it comes out (I think 2007), and as long as they keep the Final Fantasies coming, it's all good for me ;)

Gregorius_H
February 2nd, 2005, 02:51 AM
Amen on the final fantasy thing.

kater
February 2nd, 2005, 07:36 AM
I think 2007 is at least a year too late. The only solid facts regarding PS3 I've seen is that the chipset is being made by Nvidia, is supposedly the newest GeoForce, and is set for late 2005 production - fitting in with a timeframe for PS3 release in mid-2006.
Bear in mind this could all change if Microsoft steal a march on Sony with a big X-Box 2 announcement.

Lowrent
February 3rd, 2005, 07:35 PM
I think 2007 is at least a year too late. The only solid facts regarding PS3 I've seen is that the chipset is being made by Nvidia, is supposedly the newest GeoForce, and is set for late 2005 production - fitting in with a timeframe for PS3 release in mid-2006.
Bear in mind this could all change if Microsoft steal a march on Sony with a big X-Box 2 announcement.

Ps3 will have to allow for games already in production, I doubt it will have top of the line graphics when its released for that reason alone.

Merancapeman
February 4th, 2005, 10:24 AM
It's not. Internet games will reign in the PS3 because of the low amount of people playing online for the PS2. They want to jump up the amount of net players. The good news is that they will continue to make PS2 games while the PS3 is out, unlike the old PSone.

Monty Mike
February 4th, 2005, 10:33 AM
In the near future there may actually be real-life games like the .hack series, with millions of players online in one big game. That would be immense. :D

kater
February 4th, 2005, 11:57 AM
Ps3 will have to allow for games already in production, I doubt it will have top of the line graphics when its released for that reason alone.

Not necessarily, most of the major third-party companies got handed development kits to get started but with production of the new GeForce completed by christmas, supposedly, there may be at least a few months for developers to code for extra speed and capacity. Plus I would imagine the big companies got development kits that had or soon will have prototype copies of the new board. There are so many rumours out there at the moment, its hard to tell - have you seen some of the 'pictures' of the PS3? :)

Solaar
February 5th, 2005, 12:36 PM
I heard it was due late next year.

Solaar
with an ear to the ground

Lowrent
February 6th, 2005, 12:39 PM
There are some concept pic's of it here

http://home.btconnect.com/hgi/ps3/ps3images.html

I like the Idea of the dual disk.. But please not that stand up silver one!