View Full Version : Farscape: Peacekeeper Wars

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

juzzza
February 2nd, 2005, 04:20 AM
**WARNING**

Do not read this thread if you have not seen the finale yet... Spoilers abound...

*****SPOILERS*****

*TO*

*SPOIL*

*YOUR*

*FUN*

* :D *

juzzza
February 2nd, 2005, 04:32 AM
Well, I am a massive fan of Farscape, have been since the beginning.

I have the complete set on DVD, the twin box-sets and was really annoyed when the series was scrapped and was also pretty shocked by the ending of the series-proper, I.E. John and Aeryn getting zapped into marbles.

So, I was pretty excited by the prospect of a movie to wrap things up.

I watched it last night on DVD. I thought it was a bit slow at first but man, did things speed up. Some really great stuff in there.

I wasn't too sure about the Rigel pregnancy thing, I was expecting them to do something more with that, I.E. it gave Aeryn an opportunity to be much more active and effective, not carrying a baby... But that plot arc seemed to fall flat.

I LOVED the Luxan Commandos, and their liberation of Moya's crew from the Scarrons.

D'Argo's death was a massive shock, although I guess you do not actually see him die so he could come back if they make a movie or ten.

The realization of the wormhole technology and the weapon was actually quite satisfying and I thought that was wrapped up really nicely.

I'm looking forward to watching the making of documentary to see how the crew reacted to coming back on-set and then having to say goodbye again.

For me, this was the best televised Sci-Fi show ever. Huge imagination, depth, great characters, engaging plot arcs and excellent SFX, budget and make-up.

Bring on the cinematic movies.

Merancapeman
February 2nd, 2005, 09:09 AM
JUZZA! It's a pleasure to meet a fellow Farscaper! Howsit going man?

Yes, I know I speak for all people who like the show. This HAS to be the best Sci-Fi in the known world so far. I mean, I just watched one show and I was hooked forever. I have ALL the dvd's (except one) and am very happy with the set, including the "Peacekeeper Wars".