SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

juzzza
February 9th, 2005, 10:04 AM
So, what are you waiting for!?!

A SCHOOLGIRL has become a publishing sensation after her first novel sold 50,000 copies in six weeks. A second print run for Emma Maree Urquhart’s Dragon Tamers has been ordered.

Emma Maree, 13, from Inverness, wrote about a teenager who is dragged into a virtual reality game involving a dragon. If she dies in the game, she dies in the real world.

For the full story, check this link out:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-1471249,00.html

I love this quote:

"It has been a long ambition of mine to write a book and get it published. I have been writing stories for quite a while."

I am just nipping home to throw my laptop out of the window!!! :D

KatG
February 9th, 2005, 11:10 AM
"It is a sobering thought, for instance, that when Mozart was my age, he had been dead for three years." -- Tom Lehrer

There will always be wunderkinds. As I explained to my daughter, a straight A student, when she complained that some of her classmate friends were better and faster at math than she was, "Get used to it."

Sir Stephen
February 9th, 2005, 08:18 PM
If its any consolation, her books probably sh*t.

Wildeblood
February 9th, 2005, 08:29 PM
Yeah, a 13-year old probably wouldn't know where to put the apostrophes.

Rocket Sheep
February 9th, 2005, 09:42 PM
Ummm... not true. I have a son, younger than 13, who puts all his apostrophes in the right place. He also writes high brow elaborate fantasy. As a pulp science fiction writer this is rebellion at its worst!

Thank God, I've never encouraged him to finish anything!

Wildeblood
February 9th, 2005, 10:24 PM
Ummm... not true. I have a son, younger than 13, who puts all his apostrophes in the right place.
Must... resist... temptation... to... flame... mod.

Expendable
February 9th, 2005, 11:37 PM

Read the book FIRST.
THEN offer an opinion.

--Expendable

MrBF1V3
February 10th, 2005, 01:04 AM
Hey, I wrote some really good stories when I was that age. Wish I knew where I put them. I guess this proves age and experience aren't everything, (but they aren't nothing either).

B5

Rocket Sheep
February 10th, 2005, 01:20 AM
It's it's, not its.

What! You dare to apostrophise my its! Surely not! You wouldn't want to look silly now, would you? Even my little grade fourer knows that its has no possessive apostrophy to prevent it being confused with the "it is" it's.

And you can't flame me anyway. Wool is a natural flame retardant.

Wildeblood
February 10th, 2005, 01:27 AM
Even my little grade fourer knows that its has no possessive apostrophy to prevent it being confused with the "it is" it's.

If it is any consolation, her book is probably sh*t.