SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

juzzza
February 14th, 2005, 05:43 AM
So, the storyline has been announced:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news.php?id=8353

I am pleased to see that the guy who directed 'Brotherhood of the Wolf' is at the helm.

Thoughts?

Monty Mike
February 14th, 2005, 09:45 AM
I never loved the games (thought they were too slow), but the story lines were always good. We could be in store for a landmark horror movie :D

Nimea
February 14th, 2005, 10:23 AM
Oh, good news!

I have 'only' played the first two games and the third one is still patiently awaiting my attention. But I love the atmosphere (less the story sometimes - or rather how it was wrapped) and gameplay.

I just hope they will also use the same music composer for the soundtrack - I have the CDs to part 2, 3 and 4 and 3 is the absolute best.

And then again, there is always the danger that it will turn out really bad. The director is a good thing, but might still change? You never know.

(Btw. the movie to Alone in the Dark looks very . . . eh, very much like I don't want to watch it.)

Monty Mike
February 14th, 2005, 05:56 PM
So far I've heard of the following titles being made into movies:

Silent Hill
DOOM
Metal Gear Solid
Bloodrayne
Devil May Cry
Prince of Persia

All coming out this year! :eek:

Gregorius_H
February 16th, 2005, 05:24 PM
I've had my eye on this movie for a long time. Silent Hill is my absolute favourites series of video games ever. Just finished Silent Hill 4 about a month ago... although it wasn't quite as good as 2. It's interesting what they are doing with the plot, as long as it doesn't turn into a humans vs the monsters epic battle scene towards the end... I'll be happy.

I actually enjoy how the story in silent hill is handled, how nothing is simply handed to you and you usual have to figure it out for yourself.

Solaar
March 1st, 2005, 02:58 PM
I've played most of the Hills and found them so-so.

I just hope the film version is better than the Resident Evil ones!! :D

Solaar
waiting for a decent game-to-film conversion