View Full Version : Game Competitions

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

kater
February 16th, 2005, 05:50 PM
As you may know the Sffworld Games index has been up and running for a few months now and we have established some good relationships within the industry. As a result we have started to get more and more offers of information and competitions. What I was wondering is how many of you guys would get involved in such a competition/s? We've already had one competition, Everquest 2, which was sort of a trial run that had a decent response but not great. The next possible competition on the horizon is Midway's Area 51 but only if members are interested, otherwise I'm wasting yours and the companies involved time. Let me know what you think via the poll or by posting on this thread please.
Thanks
Kater

P.S (Mercancapeman, Dominus and Monty_Mike if you read this - your prizes for the Everquest 2 comp were sent yesterday afternoon. Congratulations again guys :) )

Bitter Buffalo
February 16th, 2005, 09:07 PM
What does a "competition" entail? I guess I missed out on the EQ2 thingy so I don't know what your referencing.

Monty Mike
February 17th, 2005, 10:00 AM
You can count me in to any game events now and upcoming :D

And thanks for the great prizes!

kater
February 17th, 2005, 10:32 AM
What does a "competition" entail? I guess I missed out on the EQ2 thingy so I don't know what your referencing.

There was a thread and a news item for the EQ2 competition but perhaps we needed to publicise it a bit more.
The competitions will depend on the game but mostly it will be to do with content for the Games Index. The Everquest 2 competition was simply a case of submitting any game review of your own work to the Games Index between mid-January and Feb 1st and then the staff decided on the best three reviews. 1st place received a copy of EQ2 on PC, a unique EQ2 baseball cap and an EQ2 t-shirt. 2nd and 3rd both recieved copies of the game and an EQ2 t-shirt.

Any more questions feel free to ask :)

Zanzibar
April 7th, 2005, 12:34 PM
If it's another review submission thing I'd do it. I'm loud and opinionated and have a lot to say about games I like. If it's a game I have to play online against others then no; I don't play online or multiplayer games.

kater
April 7th, 2005, 06:03 PM
Your in luck here's our latest one: http://www.sffworld.com/news/100.html and if you know sweet fa about the game here's some info: http://www.sffworld.com/news/88.html

Zanzibar
April 8th, 2005, 11:15 AM
Funkalicious. Never won me a game before.

saintjon
April 8th, 2005, 08:09 PM
I'm gonna do a review for Resident Evil 4 soon, I want to play Assignment Ada and some more mercenaries first, and maybe go through my second go-round. It seemed on Gamefaqs that they don't give much credibility on there for reviews by people who haven't played through something pretty extensively. Meh, it'll be a very positive review, so I'm not sure how worried I should be about that anyways lol.

Zanzibar
April 10th, 2005, 12:59 PM
Wait a tick, I'm a mite confused. We don't have to review Area 51 to win that particular competition? If not, I'm doing Monster Hunter, as it was so sadly overlooked by a lot of people.

kater
April 10th, 2005, 05:29 PM
How can you review a game that isn't out yet and which you'd have to buy in order to review it and win another copy :confused: :D Are you mad? :D Any review of a game on any one of the current systems, PS1/2, X-Box, GBA/DS, PSP, Gamecube is fine, the winners will be decided on quality not quantity :) Just under two weeks until closing date so get your skates on if you want to win a top game ;)