SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3

SubZero61992
February 18th, 2005, 04:12 PM
Can you do it?
Can you draw pictures for your book and get them both published together? Like on some pages have your art of the characters?

I want to know because I am getting really good at drawing some of my characters from the way I describe them in my story and I thought some people would like it if my book ever got published with the pictures in it.

Monty Mike
February 18th, 2005, 04:18 PM
I've seen it done in some books, yeah. I don't see why not....

Jay232
February 18th, 2005, 04:27 PM
There was this e-publishing site I went to once that asked if you had artwork for your book to send it with the manuscript or if you wanted professionals to do it for you...
but that was e-publishing....
I don't see why you couldn't get it published that way from a normal publishing company, I'd imagine they'd ask you just the same.... :confused: :cool:

Gregorius_H
February 18th, 2005, 04:42 PM
I can't draw at all. Well... anything beyond smiley faces and stickmen. I have this friend though that reads some of my stuff and sometimes draws certain characters and monsters, or even some places. I actually had this fantasy epic I was writing, and was about to give up on it, when he showed me this sketch he drew of one of the kingdom's capital cities. God. Damn. I just had to keep writing...

SubZero61992
February 18th, 2005, 04:44 PM
Lol, Gregorius.

I need to do that so I have something to look forward to describing.

Jay232
February 18th, 2005, 04:48 PM
I wish I had friends that cared enough to draw me pictures :(

I can draw my own, but they usually suck. So I just leave it up to the readers imagination. Though sometimes I wish that I could insert strange drawings into my work that show the most pointless thing from the page... just because my mind splurges with such images...... :cool:

But I would find it really interesting to see what others picture from my descriptions. How close or how far off they are from what I see in my head. That'd be a cool little experiment.... :o

SubZero61992
February 18th, 2005, 04:50 PM
You have a description I could use to draw one of your characters?
I cant show it of course but it would be cool.

Jay232
February 18th, 2005, 04:56 PM
I had to edit that post...
Ummm.. well I have two stories up right now in the community
Well, attempts at stories...
If you really want to you can go to Sara's Beacon and draw the guy out of the prologue. I had a very vivid image of him when I was writing. Although I'm not sure if I described him well.
Tell me what you think... here's the link (hey I rhyme :eek: )
http://www.sffworld.com/community/story/229p0.html

SubZero61992
February 18th, 2005, 05:01 PM
Very chilling prologue and indeed a great hook.
I will try to draw just the torso and head with the razor slice and the mans tears.

Jay232
February 18th, 2005, 05:03 PM
Thank you! That's one of my best compliments about that one. That sounds like a really cool picture. Wish I could see the results ;)