PDA

View Full Version : Critique: Nin Ahura (Mistress of the Gods)

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3

tooeviltoknow
March 2nd, 2005, 11:12 AM
http://sffworld.com/community/story/255p0.html

I've just posted this new story, but I honestly don't know where to go after this. So some feedback would help alot.

This is only one of the reason why I'm posting this thread. Nin Ahura is filled with different mythologies all mixed into one story... I was just wondering if I should continue on with what I'm doing or start over.

Any comment would be useful. lol ttyl

Zanzibar
March 2nd, 2005, 11:48 AM
Continue on, the characters are already well established. If you're out for any (hopefully helpful) criticism, elaborate a little about Irina's goal(s) and her history (or that of the entire pantheon if it is all interelated.)

tooeviltoknow
March 2nd, 2005, 12:27 PM
You're correct, it is Zeus inpsired. But here's another trivia for you, and anyone else reading this. Can you name ALL of the different mythologies that I've incorporated into this story AND how many names were taken from it?

In other words, give all the name and a brief description of it. LOL, have fun.

Zanzibar
March 2nd, 2005, 11:19 PM
Grr, you dastardly fellow. Well, I'll have to re-read it and study hard but I do know that Arachne is based off of Lolth from the Dungeons and Dragons game (Spider demon? How could I be wrong!). Umm, Argrette=Hephaestus+Ares, though with a decidedly norse feel (I forget all of those giants and titans so I'll substitute Greek gods, but you know what I mean!)?

Don't worry, I'll be back.

Zanzibar
March 2nd, 2005, 11:43 PM
Amun is Egyptian, obviously, though Ra was a sun god. Did not Set rule over the shadows? Ehh, I don't know.

tooeviltoknow
March 3rd, 2005, 12:10 AM
D&D... never played it. Arachne was a young woman from Lydia, sometimes said to be a princess, who offended Athena, and suffered the consequences. She was turned into a spider after she'd lost the weaving contest between her and Athena. The sence that I'd described on the bowl was a tapestry that she'd created while she was competing against Athena.

Out of all the characters in that story, Argrette was the only original character that I've created. His powers and everything about him was all a coincedence.

Zanzibar
March 3rd, 2005, 11:12 AM
Christ, I just slapped myself. It wasn't three weeks ago that I heard the story of Arachne from my philosophy teacher. Really, that's rediculous. I'll get you yet.

tooeviltoknow
March 3rd, 2005, 02:32 PM
You'll be alright, lol. Try Alastor for size, I think he's an easy one.

Zanzibar
March 3rd, 2005, 06:37 PM
Alastor is a demon of vengeance in the Greek pantheon, most commonly associated with blood feuds between families. Was a man, then a demon, made so by Heracles, who killed his brothers :) .

tooeviltoknow
March 3rd, 2005, 07:10 PM
Not bad, but there's more to the Alastor that I'm writing about. Keep on looking I say.
:D