New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

juzzza
March 4th, 2005, 05:21 AM
http://comingsoon.net/nextraimages/scexclpostertease.jpg

I want to see this movie!

Bitter Buffalo
March 4th, 2005, 02:10 PM
Yea, that trailer was amazing, can't wait.

Was this a comic book? Frank Miller does comics right (Batman maybe)?

Jules Dante
March 5th, 2005, 09:40 AM
yup, tis a series of comic books which are extremely good indeed. at the moment they are out of print because titan books is re-releasing them 22nd april after the movie. try searching on amazon though.

sin city is hard-boild noir crime fiction (in a nutshell)

heres the rundown of releases:
Sin City: The Hard Goodbye (January 1993)
A Dame to Kill For (January 1995)
The Big Fat Kill (June 1996)
That Yellow Bastard (July 1997)
Family Values (October 1997)
Booze, Broads & Bullets (December 1998)
Hell And Back (December 2000)

saintjon
March 6th, 2005, 07:05 AM
Yeah I'll be there with bells on for this one.

Priestvyrce
March 6th, 2005, 01:25 PM
I forget when this movie comes out. March 18th?

But the trailer and the mood so captures the series by Frank Miller that I will be first in line(or try to be), when it does come out.

Leiali
March 7th, 2005, 07:06 AM
I can't open your link Juzzza, but I did see a trailer on Film 2005 a few weeks ago. Can't wait to see it. My only query is if it is a Robert Rodriguez film, and I am assuming this is the right film (black and white, comic book feel, lots of famous faces including Bruce Willis I believe?) will the script be rubbish? As he likes action more than substance from what I can tell.

juzzza
March 7th, 2005, 07:09 AM
Yea sorry, it wasn't a link, it was the new (at the time) complete poster (only teasers have been used so far).

It should work, but the tekkies over at comingsoon.net are good at changing image links.

juzzza
March 8th, 2005, 05:24 AM
Gah, they are clever, their Website generates a new link url every night so people like me can't link to the image :mad:

Here is a link anyway, you can watch the trailer from there:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=8638

Bitter Buffalo
March 9th, 2005, 03:05 AM
My only query is if it is a Robert Rodriguez film, and I am assuming this is the right film (black and white, comic book feel, lots of famous faces including Bruce Willis I believe?) will the script be rubbish? As he likes action more than substance from what I can tell.

Quentin Tarantino wrote the script so that might tell us something (like this movie will rule!) :) These two also teamed up on From Dusk to Dawn (Quentin's first script) which was a decent movie for two hollywood newbies. They're work since has been the stuff of legend!

Leiali
March 9th, 2005, 10:47 AM
Tarantino is a director one can appreciate and respect but not actually like. I have watched a lot of his films but once only, they really make my skin crawl most of the time. Still, the script is a lot better off in his capable hands. And if there is a source material other than his brain, then I'm sure it will be great.