PDA

View Full Version : Book Give Away

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

KingLupid
March 6th, 2005, 06:39 PM
I am posting this in Sci Fi, but it certainly doesn't have to be limited to just that genre!

I saw this on another message board, and it seems like a good idea. How about starting a book swap? Meaning we list some books we don't mind parting with in this thread, and others come along and find one they like, then either reply here or by email. The owner of the book then sends it media mail and either eats the $2 postage fee, or the recipient could of course paypal them for the postage cost. Lets keep the books a free giveaway though! Also, the person who you send a book to may not be the same person you get a book from. Just a friendly book give away within our little community.

I'll start. I am looking for horror books by James Herbert, and scifi by P Dick. Oh! I also LOVE LOVE LOVE zombie fiction!

Books I have to give away will be listed when I get home and can look at my shelves. I know for sure I have some Timothy Zahn Star Wars hb's that I am never going to read if anyone wants those.

Of course, I am not asking anyone to part with a beloved book that is hard to find or otherwise valuable, just a book that you really liked and want to share, or one you don't think you will get around to reading.

Sound cool?

Eldanuumea
March 6th, 2005, 08:03 PM
I think this could be a workable idea. I have Others by Herbert in mass market paperback, for instance.

I will peek at my shelves and come up with a list of books I would be willing trade off.

KingLupid
March 7th, 2005, 09:56 AM
ok, here are some more books and a clarification:

I have one T Zahn Star Wars HB: Vision of the Future.

I also have Dean Koontz' Dark Rivers of the Heart and The Corner of His Eye in HB

Other Star Wars HBs: Rogue Planet by Greg Bear and the Episode 1 book by Terry Brooks.

I also have in PB the original 6 Dragonlance books by Weis and Hickman, as well as Second Generation, the book of short stories that bridges the gap between the 2nd and 3rd trilogies.

I have lots of Dean Koontz PBs, if you know of one you want just ask; I may have it.