PDA

View Full Version : Arya Stark (posible spoilers if you have not read SOS)

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Rurack
March 9th, 2005, 05:49 PM
Sorry if i am reposting something that has already been brought up in another thread. I looked through the search funtion and did not see anything directly on her. So here goes.

Obviously there is a direct relationship between the wolves and the stark children. In my humble opion Sansa stopped being a stark the moment they killed Lady and she will likly die it is just a mater of when. But by the manner of Lady's death it will most likely be by someone who loves her dearly.

But back to the subject of Arya She has lost her wolf and will continue to be "lost" from her family until se reunites with Nymeria. Yet it seems to me that she will become a faceless woman or at least get the traing to be one.

But she is also in the same part of the world as Dany. Could Arya be the sign Danny is waiting for to move on westros. Correct me if I am wrong but didn't the original Targaryen has two sisters. If Jon is a Targaryen That would mean that Dany is his aunt and Arya would only be his cousin. I think in the Undying ones house it said Dany would have two husbands. Yet all fortellings, or at least the good ones, tend to bend the rules and it takes leaps of logic to connect the dots. So couldn't Arya be the second "husband" because they are refered to as faceless man universally.

I realize that is a real huge leap of logic but I am very interested in what other people think Arya's role is to play. Jon and Arya are my two favorite characters in the books.

***braces for the flames to come****

Evil Agent
March 11th, 2005, 12:38 AM
I don't think I have a specific answer to your last question, but Arya and Jon are also 2 of my favorites. I guess they're a LOT of people's favorites, but that's because they're so cool! :cool:

I have to say that even having read the series twice, I never quite realized how strongly the wolves mirror Sansa and Arya! I almost can't believe I didn't see it that way, because it's now so obvious. Yes, Sansa stopped being a Stark when Lady died, and Arya is lost like Nymeria! Crazy!

Anyway, Arya is probably my favorite character of all, I can't even say why.. she's just the underdog I guess. I'm looking forward above all to her story in the new book, and I also had a feeling she will cross paths with Daenerys...

Rurack
March 11th, 2005, 01:22 AM
like to point out that it is not just arya and sansa but all of the starks. I think a good way to judge how bran and rickon will be when they grow up is by their wolfs.

Look at sumer in clash of kings he actually remembers ghost. I mean think of it in human terms. Do you really remember everyone that you knew back before you were 5? I know I sure do not.

glad to see a long time member of these forums does not flame anyone and can admit that they did not pick up on something. goes a long way as far as how this forum runs :D :D :D

Evil Agent
March 11th, 2005, 02:03 AM
Well I'm just being honest... :o

But in fact I obviously realized the connection with the Stark wolves (One for each sibling... Jon/Ghost similarities, Rickon as angry as Shaggydog...Robb and Grey Wind..).

I think I just never thought of Nymeria and Lady as much...

JainFarstrider
March 12th, 2005, 07:05 PM
For some reason I really really really hate Arya. Why does everyone else like her so much?

Evil Agent
March 12th, 2005, 11:14 PM
I would ask you why you hate her? There's far more reasons to like the girl!

1) She smacked Joffrey in the head with a wooden sword, and saw him for the piece of filth that he was, 2) She was fiesty and never took any bull from anyone, 3) She saw Sansa for the spoiled brat that she was, 4) She loved her family fiercely, 5) She was learning to swordfight, and catch cats, and she was only 8 years old, 6) She's got connections to assassin's and other mysterious figures, 7) She identified strongly her dad (Eddard!!!) and with Jon Snow her bastard brother, 8) She's funny and she's the biggest underdog in the series! Even the Hound was probably starting to like her. How can anyone not root for her? :confused:

Mit
March 13th, 2005, 11:46 PM
I have to say that I love Arya Stark. Her and Jon's reunion will be fantastic whenever or if it happens but I think it's a definite. I loved the interaction between her and the Hound who I think will make a great anti hero in the next book(assuming he lived).

JainFarstrider
March 15th, 2005, 06:17 PM
I would ask you why you hate her? There's far more reasons to like the girl!

1) She smacked Joffrey in the head with a wooden sword, and saw him for the piece of filth that he was, 2) She was fiesty and never took any bull from anyone, 3) She saw Sansa for the spoiled brat that she was, 4) She loved her family fiercely, 5) She was learning to swordfight, and catch cats, and she was only 8 years old, 6) She's got connections to assassin's and other mysterious figures, 7) She identified strongly her dad (Eddard!!!) and with Jon Snow her bastard brother, 8) She's funny and she's the biggest underdog in the series! Even the Hound was probably starting to like her. How can anyone not root for her? :confused:

I think I hate her because when her first pov was in the first book we were driving through the mountains and I was feeling slightly sick. That feeling comes back during everyone of her chapters, although on my recent re-read I hated her a little bit less.

Crow
March 15th, 2005, 07:08 PM
Sansa stopped being a stark the moment they killed Lady and she will likly die it is just a mater of when.

I beg to differ, Little Finger has taken her in, and he's a master at the Game of Thrones. Let's not forget, this guy has a major hard-on for her, so, LF will teach her the Game of Thrones thinking she will be his wife or something, she's probably pissed off by all that's happened to her, and eventually she'll beat her master. It wouldn't be hard for her to manipulate him, he thinks she's a mini-Cat afterall.

Burrich
March 15th, 2005, 08:11 PM
I suppose that GRRM could have put the wolves in the story for no significant reason other than to give all us readers a warm fuzzy.....just to take up space. After all, they are such short books......nnaaaaah!
The wolves are significant. Sansa's wolf is dead, her future is not bright. :eek: