PDA

View Full Version : Finding a movie... help please!

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

Glass
March 10th, 2005, 03:17 PM
Years and years ago, I watched a movie, and enjoyed that movie. On occasion, I sometimes think of that movie, and wonder if it really was as good as I remember, or if I was just to young to really understand how bad it was. I was in grade school when I watched it, but it might have been old then... I honostly don't know.

All I really remember is that there is a girl trapped under a bell in a lake?, river?, body of water at any rate. It's a horror type movie (I think - I could have just been young and easily scared).

I think that a family moves to a new place, and the young girl in the family somehow gets tangled up in the mess of another family, and then she somehow finds the girl trapped under a bell in the water.

Dang, I really wish I could remember this better - all I really remember is the girl trapped under a bell in the water.

I saw this movie in the mid- to late 80's, so its an older movie.

Any if anyone has any ideas, please share them. Thank you so much! I have thought of this movie for years, and I still can't remember anymore about it.

Thanks loads in advance!

Monty Mike
March 10th, 2005, 03:34 PM
The only film that reminds me of is The Ring.....

Glass
March 10th, 2005, 03:41 PM
Hehe - No, The Ring is way too new of a movie. The one I'm trying to think of is around 20 years old, at the least.

I'm pretty certain the girl under the bell is a blond (if that helps any).

I seem to think that there is a building underwater also, maybe a church or something... or maybe not. None of this is in stone.

I don't know... I remember so little about it. It's very frustrating.

Evil Agent
March 11th, 2005, 12:26 AM
Sure it wasn't a dream....? ;)

Glass
March 11th, 2005, 10:48 AM
I would think that if I hadn't gotten my 4th or 5th grade teacher to show it in class one day. We were being given a free afternoon for a job well done, and I was elected to choose the movie... so I chose that one. I think I may have gotten in trouble for that, but I can't remember - I could have gotten in trouble for something else.

The movie is real, there's no doubt about it. I just can't remember anything about it :)

Except for the girl under the bell. It was a giant bell, large enough to stand under (for a young teen-age girl anyway).

Loque
March 13th, 2005, 06:18 PM
This sounds kind of a like a film one of my friends was telling me about, except the girl was trapped in the water-tank of an apartment block...sound familiar at all?

skwirlinator
March 13th, 2005, 07:03 PM
http://www.classicmovies.org/azlist/alphafilms2.htm

Maybe this will jar your memory

Glass
March 14th, 2005, 10:57 AM
This sounds kind of a like a film one of my friends was telling me about, except the girl was trapped in the water-tank of an apartment block...sound familiar at all?

lol - doesn't sound familiar at all! I'm pretty certian that this movie takes place in a rural area, or at least in a setting where the homes are far apart. I somewhat remember a large house, maybe on a hill overlooking a lake.

skwirlinator - thanks for the link, I found some great movies that I had forgotten about. I did not find anything about the movie I'm looking for. I have a feeling it was not a well-thought of movie.

Trying to remember a movie that you saw 20 years ago, one seen when you were 10 years old no less, is a very difficult thing to do :)

If I ever find it and watch it again, I'll probably think - 20 years of searching for this rubbish?! *Ugh*

:D

skwirlinator
March 14th, 2005, 01:47 PM
I was a Godzilla fan when I was growing up and some coworkers and I were discussing old films. I suddenly remembered 'Reptillicus'

So I searched all over and couldn't find a copy anywhere. Finally I caught it on Saturday afternoon TV. I was so embarrassed. If you ever watched Reptillicus you know why.

One of my coworkers ALSO caught the Saturday showing and that Monday I was Bombarded with Screeches and Rubber puppet jokes.

Perhaps it's better to let sleeping dogs lie.

starsky79
March 14th, 2005, 04:59 PM
I saw a similar movie a while ago that involved vampires -- don't remember a bell though, just someone trapped underwater after they find out that their neighbors are vampires...lol, I have no idea what you're talking about.