PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars III - Roll on May 19th... (not many but some: Spoilers)

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Wulfa_Jones
March 11th, 2005, 04:18 AM
Well... the new Star Wars Trailer has hit the web after being shown Stateside during the OC last night.

While I have left the cinema disapointed by the last two films after loving the trailers I am hoping that it's as good as it looks. I'd say this is the best looking trailer so far - looks much darker, way more action.

While Hayden Christensen acting still looked a bit shakey in the opening scene, the bit where Palaptine (spelling) is getting arrested by the Mace Windu had me clapping my hands like a seal and the Space battle scenes - I think they are going to be the biggest and the best of their kind. Oh and no Jar Jar in the trailer!

I really hope this is the film that Star Wars fans and just people who like the films have been waiting for...

Lucas has gone on record saying that it will most likely be a PG13 release in the US which may mean its a 12A over here in the UK (much like the Spiderman films).

So role on May 19th and until then I will have to wait for my Clone Wars Season 1 cartoon network series to come.

Evil Agent
March 12th, 2005, 09:48 PM
Yes, roll on May 19th! Because it's also my birthday! :D

May 19th 1999 (my 20th birthday) was when Episode I came out, and I can hardly believe it's been 6 years! While the Lord of the Rings trilogy blew this one away (imo) I'm still a Star Wars fan, and I'm really excited to finally see the last chapter of the story.

As with all the prequels, there will be good things and bad things. That's just the way George Lucas is, and we have to accept it. I'm sure most fans will enjoy this one, and I'm also hoping it's the best of the 3. In my opinion the darker it is, the better it will be.

Mithfânion
March 13th, 2005, 07:11 AM
Trailer was incredible; all in all I'd say this could still be one of the greatest movies ever made.

SubZero61992
March 13th, 2005, 08:01 PM
Well, just some news for you, the trailor has been on about three websites since December, atleast on AOL I have had it since December.
Hyperspace I know has had it probably a few weeks longer.

Leiali
March 14th, 2005, 09:31 AM
I've seen the trailer about 4 times over the weekend, but not in the cinema where such things are at their best :(

I hope and pray it is a mature, better scripted film. I really really really hope so...

Evil Agent
March 14th, 2005, 08:06 PM
Just keep in mind, it's still written and directed by George Lucas. It can't be 'mature'... :p

Kanin
March 17th, 2005, 05:46 PM
Well, just some news for you, the trailor has been on about three websites since December, atleast on AOL I have had it since December.
Hyperspace I know has had it probably a few weeks longer.

Well, just some news for you.

That was the teaser trailer. This is the full trailer.

Those clone troopers are really starting to look like stormtroopers now.

SubZero61992
March 17th, 2005, 06:20 PM
Oh, my mistake.

Shehzad
March 17th, 2005, 09:43 PM
The trailer blew me away... If George Lucas delivers, this could be something else!

Kanin
March 18th, 2005, 11:56 AM
My favorite scene in the trailer is when Mace and the Jedi confront Palpatine and Palpatine slips his light saber to his hand and jumps (very fast!) in front of the them.