View Full Version : The Hobbit Movie Thread

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

juzzza
March 14th, 2005, 10:50 AM
Yes LOTR fans, the rumour mill commences with the news we have all been waiting for!!!

Jackson, may make The Hobbit!!!

http://www.comingsoon.net/news.php?id=8728

Priestvyrce
March 14th, 2005, 11:28 AM
Well, I guess that we'll see if this rumor is true in 3 to 4 years. Though I'm sure that Jackson will need to find a new Bilbo, since Ian Holm is a bit too old to play the younger version of Bilbo. Though it will be cool to Andy Sedaris(sp?) play Gollum again.

juzzza
March 14th, 2005, 11:33 AM
Serkis played Gollum and I agree, that would be excellent!!!

Priestvyrce
March 14th, 2005, 11:34 AM
Serkis played Gollum and I agree, that would be excellent!!!

I knew that I had his last name wrong. Thanks for the correction.

Monty Mike
March 14th, 2005, 01:58 PM
I already thought it was confirmed that he was making the Hobbit.... :confused:

From what I heard it was to be released in 2007.

marymoonshine
March 14th, 2005, 05:10 PM
woooooooooo iwonder if they'llhave the guy that played elrond playinghim again ooh ooh ohh! i wonder who will play beorn ( the bear guy) , wooooo! i cant wait i hope they dont leave anything out. The LOTR films were good but they missed out the best characters- Incl. TOM BOMBADIL!!

Evil Agent
March 14th, 2005, 09:18 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if they leave out Beorn...

But anyway, of course Jackson will do the Hobbit! But as that article says it's at least 3 years away (I think 5 years is a more likely bet).

I've heard some rumors that Elijah Wood could play the young Bilbo, but I think that would just be terribly confusing. But there's also rumors that Dom Monaghan and Billy Boyd (Merry and Pippin) might play their ancestors, such as the Old Took or the master of Buckland. John Rhys-Davies could possibly play Gloin, Gimli's dad.

Most likely Ian McKellen will also return as Gandalf. And maybe Legolas will make a cameo, since he's the son of Thranduil (the Elf King who imprisons Bilbo and the Dwarves).

Kaz
March 15th, 2005, 05:21 AM
Wonder if he's going to try his hand at Sil too.

juzzza
March 15th, 2005, 06:24 AM
I doubt it, he'd need a trilogy of trilogies! Just think of the DVD extras!!!

Jack Burton
March 15th, 2005, 09:16 PM
woooooooooo iwonder if they'llhave the guy that played elrond playinghim again ooh ooh ohh! i wonder who will play beorn ( the bear guy) , wooooo! i cant wait i hope they dont leave anything out. The LOTR films were good but they missed out the best characters- Incl. TOM BOMBADIL!!

That Elrond 'guy' would be Hugo Weaving, a very fine actor!