SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

saintjon
March 16th, 2005, 11:43 AM
Oh my goodness how sweet this game is.

I kind of miss the ability to reshape my formations like in Shogun, but other than that this one rocks. I would write a review but I'm only just scratching the surface.

I tried playing a historical Hannibal battle, unfortunately in my version Hannibal got killed and i didn't inflict nearly the kind of terribly casualties on the Romans he did.

kater
March 16th, 2005, 06:32 PM
Better hurry up SJ the new one, Spartan Total War is due out soon although its disappointingly different to the previous games because you are actually only one soldier in the madness - suppose thats what comes from being taken over by Sega :rolleyes:

Gregorius_H
March 16th, 2005, 06:46 PM
I've been playing Rome: Total War far too much lately. I love doing the historical battles. Try fighting that battle from the Roman's side.... ARGHHH!!!!!!!

saintjon
March 17th, 2005, 11:20 AM
That Spartan thing sounds garbage.

In all honesty I could see myself playing this game for like 10 years and not getting sick of it. I'll probably never need another strategy game, I spent the last two days playing on and off and I was only a few turns into a short campaign game as the Julii. Then you know there's the full campaigns as all of the many many factions, the historical battles are lots of fun, and when I get a potent enough comp I can try playing online.

Seriously, I hope people start doing edited maps based on like Malazan book of the Fallen and stuff.

Monty Mike
March 17th, 2005, 11:55 AM
I love Shogun: Total War too much to play Rome...... even though I know I should...... :rolleyes:

I downloaded the demo quite some time ago, but only played it once..... I really should buy it......

*makes note* :D

Bitter Buffalo
March 18th, 2005, 05:50 AM
Great great game, got it for christmas and haven't stopped playing it.

I hear there is an expansion on the way, most likely dealing with the late roman/ Barbarian invasions period of Rome. And then there's all the Mods that should start showing up soon. There's one currently in production that is a total conversion for the Napoleonic Wars that I absolutely can't wait for.

saintjon
March 18th, 2005, 09:20 AM
as much as I love shogun I never gave it the time it deserved, and the campaign interface is so much prettier/sensible than the one in Shogun that I like Rome better.

I'll probably be playing shogun for a whiles yet though since I'm pretty sure my comp is gonna gag on Rome when I get home (mom's substantially more impressive was gagging on fire arrows, had to creative with camera angles to be able to have my guys shooting and fighting at once).

saintjon
March 25th, 2005, 09:52 PM
Okay so although my personal comp gets severe headaches playing the cinemas for some reason it does run the game... sporadically. It seems to like to crash a lot.

It really sucks because I'm pretty friggin good at commanding roman troops apparently.

I love the campaign, it's glorious. I love the family aspect with all the traits and retainer special abilities, gives your whole regime a lot of personality.

Keyoke
March 27th, 2005, 08:40 PM
Wha? Spartan Total War? What's this? You have a link of this, I'm rather curious...single player...ugh..

Keyoke

Shehzad
March 28th, 2005, 08:25 AM
Spartan: Total Warrior is slated to be an action game, to be released on GC, XBox and PS2.

Reference: Gamespot.

Add: Just saw the official trailer, and it kind of looks like Prince of Persia or the new God of War.