PDA

View Full Version : Trying To Find Name Of Song!!

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Gemini
March 17th, 2005, 03:51 AM
I'm desperate, i know this is in the TV and Film section, but hey i saw this music video on TV so i guess it counts. I'm trying to find the name of an Artist and Song. The filmclip involves a man going into a bar and ordering a drink (the drink is invisable), the female singer of this song is singing in the background of the pub, i think. The original man shares a cigarette with an old guy (the cigarette is also invisable). Another guy comes in with his girlfriend (also invisable) i think he was played by Andy Serkis (not sure), he ends up having a fight with her, and guy number one gets involved. They have a fight and Serkis shoots him with a (invisable) gun. 1st guy staggers outside and dies, old guy comes out and steals his wallet. That's what i can remember from the filmclip, it my sound weird but hey, what are you going to do. PLEASE help me if you have any idea what the song is called and who the singer is.

Quagmire
March 17th, 2005, 09:04 AM
Didn't they give the song and artist after the video?

What is the music genre for this?

Gemini
March 17th, 2005, 09:29 PM
Yes, they did... but i can't remember it, stupid me didn't write it down. I can't remember the style of the music because i can't remember how the song goes, all that i DO remember is that i liked it.

Gemini
March 20th, 2005, 02:15 AM
come on guys... can NO ONE help me??????????? :confused: :(

dragonheart1
March 24th, 2005, 11:16 AM
I wish i could help you and you know if i knew the name i would tell you, but i don't, terribly sorry

Gemini
March 27th, 2005, 06:52 AM
I wish i could help you and you know if i knew the name i would tell you, but i don't, terribly sorry
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: come on people SOMEONE must know!

vaire_paunova
August 22nd, 2005, 02:08 PM
Could it possibly be a song called Man's World? I'm not sure who exactly sings it (there seem to be lots of songs of this name, or maybe only a couple, but sang by different performers).

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I've seen such a video (actually, I've been wondering about it, too). It was quite some time ago, but I do remember that they were in a bar or something, then there was a beating and someone stole the beaten guy's wallet, while I thought he was actually gonig to help him. And it ended with someone walking down the street and the beaten guy just lying there, bleeding. Well, something like this.

And I'm absolutely sure it was sung by a chick (I even had a guess who she was but it seems to have slipped my memory; the one I have in mind is pretty famous, white and, I think, sings R&B or somethnig like this, but I cannot remember her name even if my life depended on it:() and it also had the words "it's a man's world" in it.

Hope this helps at least a bit:)

Gemini
August 23rd, 2005, 12:52 AM
AH! YES! THANK YOU!!! I could kiss you! :D I'd given up on this thread :D, but you've jogged my memory, i'm almost sure it had the line "It's a mans world" in it..... YAY! thanks again :D

LATER: YAY! again. it's really called Woman and the artist is Neneh Cherry and the lyric you were thinking of was "it's a woman's world" or something like that. Thanks again *does little happy dance*

vaire_paunova
August 23rd, 2005, 08:40 AM
Glad to have been able to help:)

Gemini
August 27th, 2005, 05:20 AM
Ummmm, you can probably close this thread now :D