PDA

View Full Version : Star Trek: Enterprise -- Last Episode

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Brad Smith
March 17th, 2005, 05:35 AM
Well. Star Trek: Enterprise is ending here soon and Rumor Control has it that some of the cast are, well, sickened, by the series' final episode.

Titled "These Are The Voyages . . . ." the last episode is rumored to reveal that the last four years have been nothing more than holo-novel, viewed by Riker and Troi while they're on the Enterprise-D.

Has anyone heard the same thing?

Eldanuumea
March 17th, 2005, 08:20 AM
Well. Star Trek: Enterprise is ending here soon and Rumor Control has it that some of the cast are, well, sickened, by the series' final episode.

Titled "These Are The Voyages . . . ." the last episode is rumored to reveal that the last four years have been nothing more than holo-novel, viewed by Riker and Troi while they're on the Enterprise-D.

Has anyone heard the same thing?

WHAT???? THAT"S CRAZY!

Is this the pitiful way in which they hope to sidestep their departures from Trek canon?
They should have the guts to stand on what they've done.

Leiali
March 17th, 2005, 08:20 AM
We are probably miles behind you in the uk - but if that happens I shall probably stop watching now. I love love love the Star Trek Franchise but I dislike Troy and Riker...:(

Evil Agent
March 17th, 2005, 12:43 PM
I haven't watched Enterprise... but I used to be a big fan of the original 2 series.

That being said, I think it's a horrible way to end a series! It's reminiscent of the Roseanne show. In the last season they all won the lottery and became millionaires...It was really dumb, and didn't work, so on the final episode they said that the final season had all been a dream... And Roseanne's husband Dan was supposed to have died of a heartattack. Lame! Lame! Lame!

Wulfa_Jones
March 18th, 2005, 01:27 PM
I've never really watched Enterprise, a few episodes here and there but I'm not really a fan.

I used to be a big Star Trek fan and I think this is a really poor way to end the franchise.

Oh a geek note - why would it be the Enterprise-D? Surely with the age of the actors it would be easier just to make it the E?

Gildor
October 13th, 2005, 09:39 PM
I moved Heaven and Eeath to see this, and it P****d me off quite a good deal!

It was sooooooooooooooo bad, sorry for dragghing this back into the open, but it did deserve better, such good plots in the previous series, came down to such a poorly executed ending!

So many plus points!!

Yet in the words of Evil Agent

" lAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

Erfael
October 13th, 2005, 10:10 PM
Is that how the series really ended? I never watched it, but I did watch some of the older STs. That's the worst ending I've ever heard of, I think....really, that's how it happened?

Archren
October 14th, 2005, 12:00 PM
Well, it wasn't like a Dallas "It was all a dream" thing. Basically Riker was looking for advice on a moral dilemma (apprently this was actually wedged into the Next Generation chronology) and Troi recommends he look at "historical archives" in the holodeck for guidance. So he pokes around the Enterprise of Archer's time, interacting with the crew, 10 years after the penultimate episode of season 4, right before the actual founding meeting of the United Federation of Planets.

It was all very disjointed, and didn't make much sense. Also, the writers totally cheated. The last bit should have been Archer making a major historical speech to the opening of the UFP that would be studied by schoolchildren for the next 300 years like Lincoln. However, as he gets up to the podium, Riker & Troi have some dialog and then end the simulation.

And another really stupid thing: (don't read this unless you REALLY never intend on seeing it!)
One of the main Enterprise characters dies in a really amazingly stupid way. I won't reveal which one even behind a spoiler tag, but it was just stupidly awfully done. Totally cheap.

The other horrible thing was seeing Riker interacting with the normal characters just pointed up how none of the characters on Enterprise were as well written as the ones on TNG. Very depressing.