View RSS Feed

fantasy

1. Now available

I really don't have any other way to let folks on this site know about the release of my novel than to a shameless post. For here goes:

My first novel is now available in paperback. For information about my novel, go to http://feitelberg.net. To pre-order the book, visit http://shopaziza.wazala.com.
    Categories
    writing , fantasy
  2. Did I write a gaming novel?

About six weeks ago I released my first novel, Aure the Topaz, book 1 of the Aglaril Cycle.

Since then I've gotten feedback from readers (friends of mine) who say this is a gaming novel. And while I understand that fantasy RPG players will probably pick up a few ideas on how to play and react to situations (GMs too, btw), I don't know that I would call it a gaming novel.

The argument for it being a gaming novel is that the characters have classes like in D&D. But ...
    Categories
    writing , fantasy
  3. How many fantasy categories do we need?

I was on Duotrope the other day looking for a market for one of my short stories and was completely frustrated and confused by all the categories for fantasy stories they list. But they aren't to blame. They are only a reflection of the markets they serve. But it makes me think, how many categories do we need?

They list the following (this is not a complete list)
    contemporary, dark fantasy, gothic, heroic, light fantasy, urban, science, magic realism, and historical. They ...

Updated January 3rd, 2011 at 05:39 PM by feitelberg

Categories
    fantasy
  4. Mixing SF and Fantasy

I've got a friend who thinking I can't (or shouldn't) mixing SF and Fantasy elements in the same story. I disagree. I would be interested in other opinions. But some background first.

I wrote a short story -- a SF story -- about how a scout ship discovered a world (primitive by the ship's standards) using armor,swords, horses -- the whole medieval bit.

This world is my fantasy world in which I've set many stories. The plan is to have characters from the world of the ...

Updated January 3rd, 2011 at 05:34 PM by feitelberg

Categories
    fantasy