View RSS Feed

Comic relief

You've been warned!

1. Lord of the Rings and ... google maps????

You may have already seen this making the rounds on the interwebs, if not go to Google Maps.

Search for the shire, don't accept any of the alternatives google offers and click return. Click on the get directions button, you may have to re-input the shire as the start address. Ignore any of the drop down options again and type Mordor into the end address then click return.

Change the travel option from Car to Walking and voila, a smile for the day

I ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. We're all doomed

Apparently. 2012 is yet another year in which the world will end or at least that's what Hollywood and crazy cult people have told me.

In the meantime a new year means a new blog post and it has been almost exactly a year since I posted, wow I suck. Keeping blogs has never been a skill of mine - there are at least two blogspot attempts drifting through the digital ether on their way to unused-blackhole-annihilation - so I will make no pretense this year, a failing of previous ones ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Trials of Abner Maris v1 - Log 1

The first episode of my hoping-to-be-drawn soon webcomic

First Log is slightly too big so I'm posting the final few pages in the comments section.

Trials of Abner Maris v1 Looking In

Log 1

Page 1

Log Overview: Nightmare sequence (first four pages) of baby Abner being abandoned by his parents who launch him into space. Then we learn that Abner can actually survive in space without a suit or any accroutements. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Catching up to the horse

The writing didn't go all that well last year, no published credits to add to the two from late in the previous year and although I wrote a lot of words it was spread thin enough to not really seem that much. It wasn't nothing either though

So I am beginning this year playing catch-up in some respects. I've bogged myself down in the same old pages, rewriting and fiddling in the hope I will eventually break new ground. That must change this year, which means finishing pieces, getting ...

Updated January 9th, 2011 at 03:36 PM by kater

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Starting Fast

I've been reading deeply for quite a while into fitness and health, though never put as much of it into practise as I should, and lately I came across the idea of fasting.

Now, not eating for longer periods of time does give me headaches and the appeal of not eating is limited to say the least. However, after the epic fail of last year in regards to healthy easting and exercise I'm willing to try some new things.

The science behind fasting I'm not entirely sold on ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. Farewell 2010, Happy New Year

by , December 31st, 2010 at 12:18 PM (Comic relief)
    The snow has trailed away to dirty patches at roadsides that escape a thing tenuously described as the sun. The cold no longer bites in the open air and we are left to reflect on the passing of the science fiction year, 2010.

It was positive for me in many ways, I got a new job, met a few good people and wrote more than I'd expected, though admittedly the bar wasn't set high in that regard. Personal health and fitness was a disappointing downside however. Twenty five excess pounds ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. I am indulged

by , December 26th, 2010 at 06:56 AM (Comic relief)
    Everyone I know drifts between amused and condescending about my passion for comics but it does prove useful at Christmas time for them (and me!!! )

Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays

by , December 24th, 2010 at 01:20 AM (Comic relief)
    So it seems like another year has passed by in the blink of an eye. 2010, a year from our future is now the past, immutable in the frozen time. Onwards into a second decade at this wonderful site, to those still with us and the many who have joined - have a good one
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  9. Because we didn't have enough already

by , December 18th, 2010 at 05:38 AM (Comic relief)
    Another night, another blanket

Early morning, because it really can be the best time of the day

Even the reindeer can't get out

If you compare with the same shot from yesterday you'll see how much more we got

Categories
    Uncategorized
  10. Q. What looks great, fun for the young but otherwise a nightmare.

by , December 17th, 2010 at 08:03 AM (Comic relief)
    A. SNOW!!!!!!

Work closed, had to drive home in this.

A suddenly alien looking back garden

Think they'll trade cars for huskies?

Trees with snow on are mesmirising to look at.

Updated December 18th, 2010 at 05:41 AM by kater

Categories
    Uncategorized
  11. Confessions of a despondent driver

I don't like driving. There I said it. My father thinks I should love driving, my cousin and resident petrolhead thinks I'm from Mars and most of my friends just sigh and shake their heads.

So I gotta ask, what's to like?

My new job is a half hour commute away through some crazy busy junctions and exposes me to the whole gamut of dangerous driving types and personalities. I don't like it.

I don't like that people who aren't allowed to drink yet can ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  12. Success

I has new job Better paid, longer commute (need to buy a car now, hate driving, snark) and a complete change of occupation. I can only believe that dropping the sffworld name into my application (I kid you not ) made the difference.

Sadly I think it's going to mean less time on here as they aren't as likely to turn a blind eye to my web related actions as my current boss does But there you go, such is life and now I have a change in mine. Already looking forward to the new ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  13. And then there's that

Interview went OK, thanks to Erf and Gkar for their help with the Additional Information section I did use some moderator and software related stuff. More info later.

Updated August 4th, 2010 at 08:07 AM by kater

Categories
    Uncategorized
  14. There must be an easier way

I've applied for a new job, my current one has a low ceiling and I've hit it. I have an interview tomorrow. I was told there was an application form sent to me and it should be filled in and brought to the interview (I know, what the hell right). It came this morning.

In the last 24 hours I have consumed so much information about the company and interviews in general my head hurts a lot. Now the application form is standard stuff but it has an 'Additional Information' section google ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  15. Gut Shot

I know this happens to writers, I've heard several talented people bemoan just such a situation but I was never really sympathetic because it hadn't happened to me. Now it has.

For the last ten days solid I've been writing script for a webcomic idea that's got me by the short and curlies. I've poured in more of myself than I would like and come to really enjoy writing the protagonist, to the point where I'm madly laughing at some of the dialogue I've written (I know, right)
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast